Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2017
Ringgold, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett ATPro, ProPointer AT, Retriever II
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice buttons!!!

Do any of the flat button looking ones have backmarks?

And Welcome to TNet!!!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
sweet, love em

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
I’m no expert, but from what I have learned here, they are from the early to mid 1800’s, someone correct me if I’m wrong. I always like to find flat buttons. From what I’m told, the buttons made of tombac are older as it was more in fashion in the mid to late 1700’s. Smokey the cat should be able to give you a better idea than me.

grasshopper

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2007
Upstate NY
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m no expert, but from what I have learned here, they are from the early to mid 1800’s, someone correct me if I’m wrong. I always like to find flat buttons. From what I’m told, the buttons made of tombac are older as it was more in fashion in the mid to late 1700’s. Smokey the cat should be able to give you a better idea than me.

I think that's the general consensus...any back marks will tell us more specific info.

Congrats Schuder on the finds! Those kinds of buttons are an indication that you're on an old site, hopefully some coins will follow!!

OP
OP
S

Schuder3

Jan 12, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro and Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks guys, that is just the beginning. Yesterday I found the cellar hole and right away found a nice 1/2 spanish real 1795 along with another flatty extra fine gilt with eagle on top of back mark. I'm in the scouting mode how for sights on this 5000 ac. I will get back to the sites I find interesting another time. I did find a beautiful flatty at a nother location with 85% gilt backmark LORD & LEES WARRANTED. Beautiful button and a backmark I have not seen. Trying to make photos download to this site but having trouble. I hope I can figure it out soon. Lots of relics to show. To Answer Yak1366 yes. Left to right, :GOLD:*:GILT: ; (wreath with BEST at top ; .TREBLE GILT. COLOUR.STRAND(smaller D just after and at top of D). (all of these letters are raised) ; *PLATED* (silver on front) I'm a digger not a computer nerd but I will have a friend who is great at this computer thing come by to get me squared away so I can share pictures with you guys. Thanks

grasshopper

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2007
Upstate NY
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We can help too!

Are you posting from a computer or your phone?

Would love to see some more pictures!

OP
OP
S

Schuder3

Jan 12, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Still trying

here we go. IMG_1368.JPG IMG_1368.JPG IMG_1366.JPG

OP
OP
S

Schuder3

Jan 12, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry not the right pictures. Thanks grasshopper. Computer, Apple, pictures are saved in PHOTOS

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry not the right pictures. Thanks grasshopper. Computer, Apple, pictures are saved in PHOTOS

I was going ask what part of Virginia is that? :tongue3:

Welcome to TreasureNet and we are looking forward to seeing your finds

grasshopper

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2007
Upstate NY
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you're almost there, just selecting the wrong photos.

It's slightly more difficult to post pictures when replying to an existing thread as opposed to when you're starting a new thread.

You'll first want to hit "Go Advanced" at the bottom right corner of the area where you're typing your message.

Next, scroll down underneath the smiley's to where it says "Manage Attachments" and hit that button.

When you hit "Choose File" it should open a new window prompting you to select the photos you want to post.

It's a little trickier to select the right pictures if you don't have preview images displayed or file names that you can recognize (so you know what pictures you're selecting).

I've always used Windows so I'm not sure if it's different on a Mac, but after you get to your PHOTOS folder try right clicking in the background (not on a photo itself) and expand "view" and change it to extra large icons, or something like that. That way you can see a preview of the picture to make sure you're picking the right one. Then you'll know if you're picking coin photos or cactus photos :tongue3:

Second step, if that doesn't work, navigate to your PHOTOS folder outside of treasurenet, find the picture you're trying to upload, and change the name to something you'll recognize.

OP
OP
S

Schuder3

Jan 12, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you grasshopper, I will try again when I get home tonight. On my way to dig, dig, dig!
Ga Rebel1861 thanks, East of Fall Line, James River

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice flat buttons, congrats!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those pics are cool Nice buttons more pics later will help!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread