DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Behind my dads house theres a foundation of a house from the 50's that burned down. Its pretty overgrown now, but I needed to get out and detect. I've tried detecting the area before with past detectors, but the area is SOO trashy that I never could find anything. Well I took my Tesoro Vaquero dwon there the other day and decided to really try to find stuff and I had success. I found a white/orange swirly marble in a hole with a 1951 5 cent netherlands coin and then I started finding wheaties, then more..and this was all in pretty much a 10 square foot area. I knew there had to be silver and even though I was digging a lottt of junk I finally found a 1957 rosie. I was lucky to find it because it was in a hole with a piece of rusted metal. I couldnt find anything else really after that, so I called it a day. I went there again today and used my 5.75 concentric coil, but the area is soo badly full of junk that it was picking up the smallest pieces of trash. I couldnt even find one coin with it.

Some of the pennies I tried to clean, but I don't know the best method of doing it. The dates I can see are two that are 1957, one is 1956, another is 1941 and a 1939 and the other ones are hard to tell, they are pretty worn. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• marble.jpg
    marble.jpg
    482.5 KB · Views: 114
  • netherlands.jpg
    netherlands.jpg
    492.6 KB · Views: 97
  • wheaties.jpg
    wheaties.jpg
    635.9 KB · Views: 118
  • rosie.jpg
    rosie.jpg
    348.3 KB · Views: 84
Upvote 2

grasshopper

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2007
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice silver! keep branching out from the foundation, you will get more stuff but they will be a little more infrequent.

sheep

Sep 7, 2012
Owensville In
Detector(s) used
Ace 350, Propointer, minelab musketeer x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! I bet you'll be going back...

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job on the coins,I have a few sites that sound like yours,I hit them when i dont have any new places to hunt,Just remove the trash on rainy day occasion visits and you will eventually start getting the good stuff. Thanks for sharing!!

HH John

OP
OP
DigDugNY

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LuckyThirteen08 said:
Good job on the coins,I have a few sites that sound like yours,I hit them when i dont have any new places to hunt,Just remove the trash on rainy day occasion visits and you will eventually start getting the good stuff. Thanks for sharing!!

HH John

Thanks for the reply. I'm hoping I can continue to find some good stuff. I know there's gotta be. I'm just surprised the 5.75 coil is having more trouble than the stock coil

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread