What's new

09/09/09.....90%!!

Immy

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2005
Messages
2,999
Reaction score
874
Golden Thread
0
Location
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couldn't pass up a trip to the casino on a once in a lifetime date like this.

$400 in halves yielded only two silvers, and appropriately enough, they were both 90%ers. A 1964-D and my first Frankie of the year - [red]1959[/red] - a first ever for that date. Yeah baby!

Did $10 in pennies too and got:

Wheats: 1952-D, 1955-D

Canadian: 1993, 1996

No 2009 keepers in this bunch, bummer.

Can't wait till 10/10/10...
 
Upvote 0
Congrats on the 59 Immy. Here is to the next round.

Golden Silver
 
Congrats - My 9/9/09 was far less spectacular. 5 banks, $160 in halves and I got:

09/09/09.....Not!!
 
Do the slots there still use coins? In Biloxi, they have all gone to paper tickets and bills only. Do the cashiers still give you halves if you ask?
 
JasonB said:
Do the slots there still use coins? In Biloxi, they have all gone to paper tickets and bills only. Do the cashiers still give you halves if you ask?

Some of the older casinos Downtown still have coins. They tout themselves as "Vegas the way it used to be" which works for me. There are prolly 50-60 half machines still in use here. I haven't bought from cashiers in quite awhile cuz it's simpler to just drain machines. You still can I assume, but buying $500 at once might seem odd to them, and you don't want to arouse suspicion.
 
That's good thinking. Put in a $100 bill and then cash out and check the coins.

I'm going to try and find some halfs at the Biloxi casinos. I'll give you guys a report if I find any.

Thanks again.
 
Nope, no halfs. I got a couple boxes of pennies from their vault.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom