What's new

09/25 Spooky Beach Gold

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2010
Messages
1,264
Reaction score
705
Golden Thread
0
Location
Gulf Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snuck out to a beach for a few hours this afternoon ... Sea gods were good to me today and allowed me a 14k band (4.5 g) and a silver toe ring with a few other assorted trinkets ... As I was plundering along, I dug up a fairly intricately designed "top" to something ... 5 feet later, I discovered the rest of it. A small urn. Imported all the way from India. Rock on.

Happy Hunting!
 

Attachments

  • 0925 001.webp
    0925 001.webp
    62.4 KB · Views: 792
  • 0925 003.webp
    0925 003.webp
    17.3 KB · Views: 782
  • 0925 006.webp
    0925 006.webp
    31.9 KB · Views: 787
Upvote 0
I'll play...what's in the urn? Ashes perhaps.
 
Nice hunt DG! Way to score the gold :headbang: I don't know about the urn, kinda spooky. I may have buried it about 10 scoops deep :dontknow: I'll run into you one of these days :icon_thumleft:

Aaron
 
Good lucking ring there DG! Our ashes don't add up to much!
 
h2ojunkie said:
I'll play...what's in the urn? Ashes perhaps.

If the top was Off Nothing In It!!! Cool Find Hope you can Get an Id On It Maybe they wanted there ashes Spread World wide and It might Be one of Many Cool find Chug
 
Nice finds, Hoping to go out tomorrow.
 
From the size of it I wouldn't think that it would be for human remains. Maybe for a pet who liked to go to the beach. I think it's a pretty neat find but I'd still rather have the gold, Congrats :thumbsup:

HH Charlie
 
That's a good looking 14k band Dew and the urn is
nice looking too. Any idea as to what the urn is made
from? Silver w/gold inlay possibly? Just curious....
Gold Nuggets :hello:
 
DG, I really hope to meet you some day. I LOOK for your posts every time I log on. Your "bad" days inspire me, and your "good" days amaze and wow me! I don't play well with others, and get bored with most folks pretty quickly, but I would like to meet and talk to you, see your treasure collection, and watch you detect. I guess that is about the highest compliment I can think of for a detectorist I have never met. :icon_thumleft:

I guess these finds, if I were writing a book about you ("The Legend of DewGuru, a Beach Pirate's Story."), would be in chapter 47, "I see gold and dead people." :laughing7: Congratulations and Keep it Coming! :notworthy:
 
LMAO @ Terry!! :laughing7:

Very well said!

"I see Gold, and dead people" CLASSIC!!

Aaron
 
Ha!! Thanks T! No need to watch me, come on down, we'll plunder the largess together!

Terry Soloman said:
DG, I really hope to meet you some day. I LOOK for your posts every time I log on. Your "bad" days inspire me, and your "good" days amaze and wow me! I don't play well with others, and get bored with most folks pretty quickly, but I would like to meet and talk to you, see your treasure collection, and watch you detect. I guess that is about the highest compliment I can think of for a detectorist I have never met. :icon_thumleft:

I guess these finds, if I were writing a book about you ("The Legend of DewGuru, a Beach Pirate's Story."), would be in chapter 47, "I see gold and dead people." :laughing7: Congratulations and Keep it Coming! :notworthy:
 
I own an urn that is almost a match and it holds part of my dog's ashes.

Magjm
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom