09 S VDB and 14 D! (Finally: Pic of the Slab)

JasonB

Feb 5, 2008
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
'09 S VDB and '14 D! (Finally: Pic of the Slab)

I just made a deal to trade some silver halfs for 2 of the wheat cents I need to finish my set. I'll post pics of the 1909 S VDB and the 1914 D when they arrive!!

JasonB

Here's a pic of the VDB. I'll try to get a pic of the 14-D for you soon.

I think it has pretty good detail considering it's a key date. It does have rim damage though.

Update: In case you wanted to see the final product. If you're tired of seeing this I understand :)

Attachments

• 09 S VDB.jpg
    09 S VDB.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 710
  • Wheat Lines.jpg
    Wheat Lines.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 703
  • \'09 S VDB Slab.jpg
    \'09 S VDB Slab.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 233
Upvote 0
Re: '09 S VDB and '14 D!

How many did you have to trade? Glad you go the ones to finish your set though. Remember there are a lot of counterfit 1909 S's out there. Make sure you have it checked out or its slabbed by someone respectable. Same with that 14D...

I am buying from a reputable dealer in Baltimore and I will still get a second opinion. That's good advice, some of the newest fakes are difficult for even the pro's to detect.

I will trade 40 - 90's with some Walkers and Franklins and 120 - 40's. I have to add some cash also. Plus the coins won't be top notch, both have minor issues. My goal has been to have a complete set of authentic coins. Once that's done, I'm moving on to my Mercury dimes. Anyone have a 1916 D lying around? Seems like TNeters found a bunch of them this year.

I'll have pics after Thanksgiving.

JasonB

Better have a lot of 90's laying around to get that 16D. Its expensive. Best of luck to you with it, its one I really would love to get to finish up my fathers merc set. Again its a biggie on the Chineese counterfit market.

I had a 1916 D. Found it a few years ago in a bulk purchase of junk dimes. I'm not a coin collector but I know that this particular coin has some value so I put it in a tube with some other older dimes.
Last month I sold 1900 dimes. Guess what? I sold that tube with the 16 by accident.
Easy come, easy go. :dontknow:

:) You made someone's day! That's a great story.

I updated the post with pics as requested.

Thanks,
JasonB

Re: '09 S VDB and '14 D! (Update: Pics of S VDB)

Nice Jason, glad you were able to get these to complete your collection.

Make sure whoever you get the second opinion from takes a close look at that mint mark. It looks odd to me. I'm sure it's fine, considering this dealer is well respected though.

-Paul

Re: '09 S VDB and '14 D! (Update: Pics of S VDB) Update 2: It's real VF 20!

Hey guys,

The '09 S VDB I sent for grading is real, graded VF 20 Details (has some rim damage) with ANACS.

Just wanted to let you know if you were following the post.

Thanks,
JasonB

Awsome, glad you were able to get it verified and complete your wheats. Nice going!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back