What's new

1 1/2 hrs. hunt gives up a "Merc"

lorraine

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2010
Messages
4,474
Reaction score
3,764
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi:hello:

Low tide was chasing me back to shore this morning ( got there a bit too late :BangHead:)

Don't like being rushed, so I moved on up to the dry sand and managed a 1933 "Merc"

That's all she wrote 8-)

Rain in the forecast for tomorrow , so a Thursday hunt with friends in on the menu for now.

Here's a pic of the clads and dime...sorry I didn't find something more interesting /sparkling to post, hope better days are comin' :dontknow:

Thanks for looking

Lorrane
 

Attachments

  • DSCF3034.webp
    DSCF3034.webp
    15.7 KB · Views: 141
Upvote 0
Any hunt with a silver is a good hunt...good luck on Thursday.
 
A Merc is always good. Good luck on Thursday!
 
Nice digs . Thanks for the pics
 
Hi:hello:

Low tide was chasing me back to shore this morning ( got there a bit too late :BangHead:)

Don't like being rushed, so I moved on up to the dry sand and managed a 1933 "Merc"

That's all she wrote 8-)

Rain in the forecast for tomorrow , so a Thursday hunt with friends in on the menu for now.

Here's a pic of the clads and dime...sorry I didn't find something more interesting /sparkling to post, hope better days are comin' :dontknow:

Thanks for looking

Lorrane
Hi Lorraine

Take another look at that Merc. ....they didn't mint any dimes in 1932 or 1933 because of the depression and low demand for dimes. It might be a 1923 and a 1923-s is a semi key date :)
Rich

PS I've found only three Mercury dimes but that design is one of my favorites.
 
A silver day is a good day:icon_thumright:
 
Nice hunt Lorraine, congrats on the Merc!
 
Thanks wildcarrot,

I rechecked the coin:

It was a "typo" ; should have read "1943"

L




Hi Lorraine

Take another look at that Merc. ....they didn't mint any dimes in 1932 or 1933 because of the depression and low demand for dimes. It might be a 1923 and a 1923-s is a semi key date :)
Rich

PS I've found only three Mercury dimes but that design is one of my favorites.
 
WTG on the old silver. With your passion, any day out swinging the GT is a good day for you.
 
Cool find!! I have yet to find a mercury dime...EVER!
 
Nice catch on the Merc....little guys are tuff to find..
 
A merc! How awesome is that! Congrats!
 
Any silver is got to be good
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom