What's new

1 brinks box, 7/3/10

legend76

Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2010
Messages
880
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1 brink's box, 7/3/10

Just finished a Brink's box of halves (only my 3rd box ever):
Results:
(4) 40%ers. 2 NIFC (both 2009-D)

Do most of y'all edge search? I woulda missed 3 of the 4 silvers edge searching. One silver was even on the end of a roll (reverse showing), and I didn't notice, I had looked at them all when I pulled them out of the box.

Meager results, but a lot better than my first two boxes ( 1st box skunked, 2nd box yielded a single 40%er).

I have one more box here at home to search and two more waiting for me at the bank.

HH & Happy 4th of July to you all,
Legend
 
Upvote 0
Re: 1 brink's box, 7/3/10

Skunks are common. But without the skunks you wouldnt occasionally find that good box. Ive never had a dream box yet but i have found lots of boxes with 20 to 40 silvers in them. Not often, but it only takes 1 of those every now and then to make it worth it.

As for edge only searching-- I only look at edges now but i always every single roll also drop them into my hand letting each coin hit another and you can do this with your eyes closed and never miss one. Just take one of your 40%s you have found and practice a few times you will see what i mean.
 
Re: 1 brink's box, 7/3/10

legend76 said:
Just finished a Brink's box of halves (only my 3rd box ever):
Results:
(4) 40%ers. 2 NIFC (both 2009-D)

Do most of y'all edge search? I woulda missed 3 of the 4 silvers edge searching. One silver was even on the end of a roll (reverse showing), and I didn't notice, I had looked at them all when I pulled them out of the box.

Meager results, but a lot better than my first two boxes ( 1st box skunked, 2nd box yielded a single 40%er).

I have one more box here at home to search and two more waiting for me at the bank.

HH & Happy 4th of July to you all,
Legend
Once you get good edge searching you'll spot most and have doubts about some which you'll check closer to find they are dirty Silvers which is oft way it works for me- oh and have learned to let them stream outa my hand into Bag that return them to Bank(s) in and not too often but HEAR the rare Silver one missed.
 
Re: 1 brink's box, 7/3/10

Sounds like your picking up steam. :icon_thumright:
 
Re: 1 brink's box, 7/3/10

t just about how my last box was!!! still, silver is silver! good luck, hh, and happy 4th!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom