What's new

10 boxes of halves... and one box of pennies

Brett

Bronze Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
1,591
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
Ok, here comes 10 boxes of halves and 1 box of pennies!

02152009_1.webp

02152009_2.webp

Some stats:
1 box of halves had 27 40%'ers (4 of the rolls had 4 silvers in each roll.. mostly in the first half of the box, yeah I was freaking out)
1 box of halves had 17 40%'ers
2 boxes of halves were skunks
(60) total 40% halves
(2) 90% halves (one being the Frankie)
-------------------------------
Halves breakdown
1 - 1963-d (Frankie)
1 - 1964
3 - 1965
7 - 1966
20 - 1967
12 - 1968-d
18 - 1969-d
--------------------------
48 - 2001-d
9 - 2001-p
4 - 2002-d
1 - 2002-s (my first proof)
1 - 2004-d
2 - 2004-p
2 - 2005-d
1 - 2005-p
1 - 2006-d
1 - 2006-p
----------------------------
1 Box of Pennies yielded 10 wheaties with the oldest being a 1920-p, newest was 1957-d, also had 8 canadian cents in there.



Now the bad news...

My primary bank, but a satellite branch, has said they wanna start charging me $5 per box! They said that's THEIR cost and they were just being nice... I was thinking "bull--deleted--, you are a bank... you want and get your money... and you can take that $5 fee and stuff it", but I just said, "I'll think about it".

Hopefully my main branch doesn't do this, which is the same one that ordered me the 8 boxes without blinking.

I think I might start tapering off anyway because once I can start digging, that's about all I'm going to have time for.
 

Attachments

  • 02152009_1.webp
    02152009_1.webp
    99.7 KB · Views: 285
  • 02152009_2.webp
    02152009_2.webp
    83.6 KB · Views: 285
Upvote 0
Nice silver haul! wish i could get the darn banks to order me some boxes. I'm still pretty new to this but was curious as to why you are keeping the 2001's?
 
2001-p were made to be uncirculated... and the 2001-d are just nicer and shinier than most other halves... and are good for tips and stuff. People that I give these two really do hang on to them and think they are treasure.
 
Brett said:
2001-p were made to be uncirculated... and the 2001-d are just nicer and shinier than most other halves... and are good for tips and stuff. People that I give these two really do hang on to them and think they are treasure.

Hate to break it to you, but the 2001 P/D was the last year for coins intended for circulation. Philly had a mintage of 21 mil and Denver had 19 mil. 2002 and later were NIFC. Now, keeping them for use as tips is still cool. In my last 8 boxes I hit a vein of 95's that were brand spanking new. Kept them all and will use them for the waitresses.
 
Diver_Down said:
Brett said:
2001-p were made to be uncirculated... and the 2001-d are just nicer and shinier than most other halves... and are good for tips and stuff. People that I give these two really do hang on to them and think they are treasure.

Hate to break it to you, but the 2001 P/D was the last year for coins intended for circulation. Philly had a mintage of 21 mil and Denver had 19 mil. 2002 and later were NIFC. Now, keeping them for use as tips is still cool. In my last 8 boxes I hit a vein of 95's that were brand spanking new. Kept them all and will use them for the waitresses.


He's right about the 2001's they are NOT NIFC.
 
Thanks everyone. I guess the Red book can be wrong about some stuff, it shows a high number minted, but also has a note that says NIFC.
 
Great finds bud, keep at it!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom