Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Re: 10 dd white's coil is WOW!

Arizona...have you done any comparisons for depth, or sens to small targets in the ground? How about air testing? Thanks,

Jim.

OP
OP
arizonaames

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21

Yes to both. I was getting better than 2 inches more on air tests with the 10 dd over the 6x10dd. I was exclusivly using the 6x10dd for the last few hunts so that I could get used to pinpointing with it and have found that the 10 inch whites dd coill is a lot more sensitive and thus will find a smaller target deeper. I went over the same ground with the 10dd and it did pick up targets that I missed with the 6x10 albeit deeper. I am heading out to NV in a few weeks and thought that the 6x10dd would be the way to go but now am having second thoughts....jim

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

arizonaames said:
I used the 10inch dd white's coil for the first time with my MXT and all I can say is WOW! I had to turn down the sensitivity because it was going deep and even small pieces of metal were blowing my ears off. I think it is going to be better than the 6X10dd for finding nuggets....jim :thumbsup:

How much more depth are you getting with the 10" DD coil? How does it do with separating trash signals?

Thanks!

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Yes, that's the stock coil that comes with the Vision. It hits quarters loud and clear at 7" easily. But a quarter on a lot of machines should hit pretty solid at that depth...I would think anyhow.
Al

OP
OP
arizonaames

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21

I would like to have a PI unit, as well, but will settle for my new MXT. My old Goldmaster V/SAT served me well, many years ago, so I think that the MXT will do as well or better for depth and sensitivity. :thumbsup:

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Yea I like it too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread