What's new

100 year old Washington state logging camp finds (new pics)

highnam

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2012
Messages
1,624
Reaction score
1,710
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Posted yesterday in best finds, sorry to those who a seeing this post again. The following items I have dug up this past year in a 100 year old railroad logging camp.
-Winchester model 1894 saddle ring carbine
-pocket watch pieces
-I.D. tag and unknown medal says "San Fransico" and "1910"
-flea comb engraved "wizard" and "no.330" I think it is carved baleen
-3 forks stamped "prussian silver"
-woman's two-piece belt buckle (found each side two months apart)
-horse bridle rossette (star)
-3 suspender adjuster sets, 1 stamped "imperial union", other is stamped pat may 2, 1900 and below "june 11, 1907"
-suspender swivels
-"Boston Garter" men's sock garter
-I.D. tag #124 and the only coin I have found so far 1907 indian head penny
 

Attachments

  • P5152473.webp
    P5152473.webp
    93.2 KB · Views: 2,712
  • P9232799.webp
    P9232799.webp
    195.7 KB · Views: 2,558
  • P9242805.webp
    P9242805.webp
    76.8 KB · Views: 2,517
  • P9242803.webp
    P9242803.webp
    91.3 KB · Views: 2,497
  • P5252539.webp
    P5252539.webp
    31 KB · Views: 2,477
  • P5252530.webp
    P5252530.webp
    42.7 KB · Views: 2,484
  • P5222504.webp
    P5222504.webp
    91 KB · Views: 2,565
  • P5152484.webp
    P5152484.webp
    28.3 KB · Views: 2,493
  • P5152480.webp
    P5152480.webp
    29.8 KB · Views: 3,276
  • P5152478.webp
    P5152478.webp
    31.5 KB · Views: 2,533
  • P9232799.webp
    P9232799.webp
    195.7 KB · Views: 2,491
  • P9242805.webp
    P9242805.webp
    76.8 KB · Views: 2,445
  • P9242803.webp
    P9242803.webp
    91.3 KB · Views: 2,461
  • P5252539.webp
    P5252539.webp
    31 KB · Views: 2,450
  • P5252530.webp
    P5252530.webp
    42.7 KB · Views: 2,477
  • P5222504.webp
    P5222504.webp
    91 KB · Views: 2,540
  • P5152484.webp
    P5152484.webp
    28.3 KB · Views: 2,462
  • P5152480.webp
    P5152480.webp
    29.8 KB · Views: 2,490
  • P5152478.webp
    P5152478.webp
    31.5 KB · Views: 2,500
  • P9242819.webp
    P9242819.webp
    85.7 KB · Views: 2,491
  • P5152473.webp
    P5152473.webp
    93.2 KB · Views: 2,517
Upvote 0
Re: 100 year old Washington state logging camp finds

It lookslike you have found yourself a real sweet spot. I an still lookin' a spot that produes like that :-\. Congrats on all the sweet finds & thanks for the cool post! Im sure there are a 'few' more keepers in the area!


Keep it Up!


MJ
 
Re: 100 year old Washington state logging camp finds

johnnyblaze said:
highnam said:
Tad-
the camp from what I could gather operated a couple years starting in 1910...I have been researching privy probes, but have yet to buy one, any recommendations would be appreciated.

Either JGAS or DIGGER DAVE would have all the goods on that subject :thumbsup:

Blaze
Go to your local junk yard,find a big Cadillac or Buick or some such large car,, take one of the spring steel rods off of the hinges to the trunk lid,round off the bottom end (not a sharp point) Have a welder put a piece of pipe on the top for your handle,weld a small bead around the rod about an inch or 2 up from the bottom and you have a probe,shouldnt cost ya more than $10 . HD
 
Re: 100 year old Washington state logging camp finds

Thanks for the info pikespeakcharlie. I bet I can make that happen...appreciate all the comments from Colorado, I always liked your state, I thought Durango was awesome. Seen a nice mix of Indian artifacts come from the State over the years. I could definitely live there.
 
Re: 100 year old Washington state logging camp finds

Here are a few recent finds as well as some previous finds that might interest some people.
- butter knife "prussian silver"
- suspender sets including "shirley president" "president" and three other designs marked pat.may 2, 1900
- glass buttons and two leather, wool coat buttons (in great shape for leather)
- sharpening stones
- valves, lunkenheimer 3/4" and unmarked (would like more info about especially the little one)
- trade token unknown "good for five cents in trade" flip-side says "tourist" also pictured a book hinge?
-couple of whatsits pictured with wheelbarrow
 

Attachments

  • camp pics 028.webp
    camp pics 028.webp
    83 KB · Views: 678
  • camp pics 017.webp
    camp pics 017.webp
    129.8 KB · Views: 655
  • P9242811.webp
    P9242811.webp
    93.1 KB · Views: 653
  • P2090615.webp
    P2090615.webp
    67.7 KB · Views: 660
  • P2090614.webp
    P2090614.webp
    114.4 KB · Views: 549
  • P2090613.webp
    P2090613.webp
    25.4 KB · Views: 553
  • P2090612.webp
    P2090612.webp
    78.7 KB · Views: 562
  • P2050610.webp
    P2050610.webp
    187.3 KB · Views: 553
  • P2050606.webp
    P2050606.webp
    202.5 KB · Views: 566
  • camp pics 034.webp
    camp pics 034.webp
    66.8 KB · Views: 657
You found the dog? COOL
 
Lots of cool relic finds, Congrats :icon_thumright: !

TommNJ
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom