1000 Acre Permission - Games Strips/Bird Cover - Hammered...

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last options we have on this permission is several Game Strips/Bird Cover which was recently drilled with maize.
We started on the Game Strip (we had never gridded) that was on the Roman Gold field, it was about 1/2 acre a long the far edge over the high ground.
It took us 2 hours 20 mins to complete & the best find went to Cru'dad - near blank Shilling.
After lunch we were going to do a small strip that had never been done next to one we had covered before. It was smashed down & direct drilled, so nearly impossible to dig. Meaning Cru'dad had to start the nearby one whilst I got on with the hard digging on my own. I got the only Scrappy of the day & a Saxon Stirrup Terminal plus bits. Cru'dad got the hammered on his 4th run which is encouraging as we had done that area twice, so the deep plough had done its job again!
4.5 hrs (2 Game Covered completed, 3rd one started);

1 Scrappy
Crotal Bells
17th C Buckle
Saxon/Viking 10-11th C Stirrup Terminal - Doesn't look much but I study these & have never seen a horse hoof shaped Terminal before.8-)
Will III Worn Shilling
Hammered Sixpence of Lizzy I - 1579

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG

Upvote 19

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The last options we have on this permission is several Game Strips/Bird Cover which was recently drilled with maize.
We started on the Game Strip (we had never gridded) that was on the Roman Gold field, it was about 1/2 acre a long the far edge over the high ground.
It took us 2 hours 20 mins to complete & the best find went to Cru'dad - near blank Shilling.
After lunch we were going to do a small strip that had never been done next to one we had covered before. It was smashed down & direct drilled, so nearly impossible to dig. Meaning Cru'dad had to start the nearby one whilst I got on with the hard digging on my own. I got the only Scrappy of the day & a Saxon Stirrup Terminal plus bits. Cru'dad got the hammered on his 4th run which is encouraging as we had done that area twice, so the deep plough had done its job again!

1 Scrappy
Crotal Bells
17th C Buckle
Saxon/Viking 10-11th C Stirrup Terminal - Doesn't look much but I study these & have never seen a horse hoof shaped Terminal before.8-)
Will III Worn Shilling

View attachment 2028309 View attachment 2028310 View attachment 2028311 View attachment 2028313 View attachment 2028314 View attachment 2028315 View attachment 2028316
That’s a great 1579 coin. Congratulations

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We've got it pretty good here in Mass, but it's like traveling way back in time every time I see your posts- Congrats!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

1 Scrappy
Crotal Bells
17th C Buckle
Will III Worn Shilling

View attachment 2028309 View attachment 2028310 View attachment 2028311 View attachment 2028313 View attachment 2028314 View attachment 2028315 View attachment 2028316
Score!!! Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Gosh! You have some history over there! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions