100th Indiana Western Theater State Pin

nchistory

Mar 22, 2012
Greenville, NC
Detector(s) used
DEUS Nautilus DMC 11. Nautilus DMC 11 Ba
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
View attachment 938401 View attachment 938402 Can you help???? A dealer in Va. has a lead pin similar to the State badges of Western theater marked 100 Ind...100th Indiana Regiment. He says he purchased years ago at a Dalton show guys last name Nail? Had a collection of pins he bought. Have you seen a 100th Ind. field cast badge before? Do you think it’s wartime? Any thoughts on the subject would be great. Approximately .63 x 1.32 inches. All help is greatly appreciated.

Chris Carroll

(Members of my family include: 9th President William Henry Harrison, 23rd President Benjamin Harrison, Governor Benjamin Harrison V, Signer Declaration, and General Douglas MacArthur.)

Married into family:
President George Washington, President Thomas Jefferson, General Robert Edward Lee, and 1st Constitutional Governor of NC Richard Caswell.

US Marine Veteran
BA History NCWC

geologyjohn

Mar 18, 2009
West edge of the U.S.
Detector(s) used
WW2 mine detector, D-Tex Standard, D-Tex Deluxe, A.H. Pro Discriminator, various Whites, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher 1270, Fisher F75, Fisher Gold Bug,Tesoro Sand Shark. And maybe others that I forgot?
I've never seen a field cast 100th IND badge, or even regimentally marked Indiana field cast badge, but I've seen plenty of brass/copper, pewter, and lead (field cast), , "IND" badges that have been dug. Same for other western theater states as you alluded to in your post. IOWA probably being the most common. See Charlie Harris book on dug western theater relics. I have seen most of them come from 1862 sites. Anyway, it looks wartime to me, but I'd want to handle it before purchase. Geologyjohn

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions