🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was wondering if anyone out there with an 11" coil could give me some feedback on this question. On the far right of the main screen when hunting, there is a vertical bar that will display a number of bars, based on the mineralization of the soil, if you pump the coil. This works great with my 9" coil and will display a bars in the vertical column. However, in the last year I have not ever been able to get my 11" coil to display ANY bars in the area. This is in the same soil that my 9" coil will display bars. So I was wondering if any of you guys could try with the 11" coil and pump it to the ground and see if it will display any bars.

I highlighted the vertical area from the manual screenshot below.

mineralizationxp.jpg

My concern is that there is something wrong with my 11" coil. I've had it for a little over a year and if there is a problem, I'd like to contact support and send it in. But I figured I'd first check with someone else and see if theirs display bars.... perhaps that graph just doesn't work with the 11" coil or something since my 11" has never displayed any.

Thanks guys,
Brad

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I only get 1 here where I'm at or none at all. I have to talk to Moe tomorrow about a charging problem and had planned to ask about that to.

OP
OP
OutdoorAdv

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome. Let me know what he says. I've never even been able to get my 11" to give me even one bar. Haha. My typical GB number is around 84 to 87. Sometimes it'll drop into the 70's. When I pump my 9" coil in that soil I get bars abiut half way up the vertical line.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome. Let me know what he says. I've never even been able to get my 11" to give me even one bar. Haha. My typical GB number is around 84 to 87. Sometimes it'll drop into the 70's. When I pump my 9" coil in that soil I get bars abiut half way up the vertical line.

Do the bars stay put after you pump the coil and sweep it on the surface or does the bar rise and fall while pumping and otherwise go away while sweeping?

OP
OP
OutdoorAdv

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do the bars stay put after you pump the coil and sweep it on the surface or does the bar rise and fall while pumping and otherwise go away while sweeping?

I've only seen the bars fill the vertical mineralization area when pumping it. They always go away when you sweep... which I believe is the correct behavior. The GB number will change as I sweep, but those bars I believe are just for pumping to get a visual level of mineralization. I'm just concerned because my 11" doesn't seem to work at all in that vertical bar graph thing. I'd be interested in seeing if others have a different behavior.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is happening is that your 9" coil is more sensitive to ground feedback for whatever reason vs. your 11" coil. if you have no bars when sweeping then your soil is not mineralized. I would be concerned if while sweeping one coil showed mineralization and the other did not. For pumping all bets are off because you are moving your coil in and out of the mineralization field (however slight) and your mineralization bargraph is reacting to that change in reading which is how it works when sweeping (mineralized ground has has lots of variations in its field and the mineralization bargraph reacts to that). At least that's how I think it works ;) I have hunted true mineralized ground and the bargraph definitely increases and stays at several bars while sweeping (and just like conductivity, there are area to area variations in so the bargraph changes heights when I move around a mineralized area). Hope this helps.

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try pumping your 11 coil over a iron nail and see what the bar does

OP
OP
OutdoorAdv

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What is happening is that your 9" coil is more sensitive to ground feedback for whatever reason vs. your 11" coil. if you have no bars when sweeping then your soil is not mineralized. I would be concerned if while sweeping one coil showed mineralization and the other did not. For pumping all bets are off because you are moving your coil in and out of the mineralization field (however slight) and your mineralization bargraph is reacting to that change in reading which is how it works when sweeping (mineralized ground has has lots of variations in its field and the mineralization bargraph reacts to that). At least that's how I think it works ;) I have hunted true mineralized ground and the bargraph definitely increases and stays at several bars while sweeping (and just like conductivity, there are area to area variations in so the bargraph changes heights when I move around a mineralized area). Hope this helps.

Thanks man. Great explanation and makes sense to me too. I would think if one coil was more sensitive to mineralization they would have calibrated the software to adjust that bar graph for each coil... rather than having the 9" show half bars and in the same soil, the 11" show no bars. Out of curiosity, what sort of GB numbers were you getting in your mineralized ground?

Try pumping your 11 coil over a iron nail and see what the bar does

Great idea! I will give that a try and see if I can get any bars to show up.

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just spoke to Moe. Didn't explain why you 9" would show minerals and not your 11" but said you shouldn't see any. He said the bar was made for Europe where Coke is abundent in the ground.

OP
OP
OutdoorAdv

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just spoke to Moe. Didn't explain why you 9" would show minerals and not your 11" but said you shouldn't see any. He said the bar was made for Europe where Coke is abundent in the ground.

Thanks a ton man. That is really good to know. I'll still try to pump the 11" over a nail this evening and see if I can get it to give me any bars at all.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks man. Great explanation and makes sense to me too. I would think if one coil was more sensitive to mineralization they would have calibrated the software to adjust that bar graph for each coil... rather than having the 9" show half bars and in the same soil, the 11" show no bars. Out of curiosity, what sort of GB numbers were you getting in your mineralized ground?

Great idea! I will give that a try and see if I can get any bars to show up.

I was getting the normal conductivity range of 75 to 90. Did not notice if it varied a lot, but kept tracking on so I didn't have to pay attention to it as closely. I was getting good at identifying audibly the sound of hot rocks in that soil. Since the mineralization bar is just an "operator aid" and does not affect how the machine acts, I wouldn't worry about it, especially if you seldom hunt in truly mineralized ground.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread