Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, we got back to the Iceberg today. We didn't score high on the silver but the wheats were record breaking. All three of us together dug about 240 wheats in several hours. LOL What's crazy is that about 80 of mine were in an area the size of a kitchen table. I dug only one coin that was not a wheat penny (besides 6 memorials), and that was a 44 D war nickel.
It was a really cool hunt. Hope yall can still find some ways to get out despite the cold... Thanks for reading and HH!
Dec9B.jpg

My 115 (oldest is 1921)
Dec9A.jpg

Upvote 0
Thanks all 8) If we went back and didn't go off to different spots like last time, it is quite possible that the three of us could get 500 wheats in a day. That is, if the rest of the large area holds the same amount (which it really seems like it does). If it did I know I could get over 200. Any one of you all I'm sure could find them at this site just like we are. It's just pretty crazy.

Way to go Nate, gotta love those Wheat pennies. There has to be one 1914 D penny in that bunch. Keep looking I know your gonna hit the jackpot yet!

HH, Ringfinder

The Iceberg never ceases to amaze. Congrats Nate on a truely outstanding hunt and recovery. This is so cool and unbelievable, I am glad you guys found this place!

Smiles!
BDoo

Deck the halls with all those wheaties Fa La La La La La La La La La Laaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ringfinder is right, there just might be a great wheat in there somewhere...something much more valuable that your average merc dime. I'd dig those wheats til they became extinct at the iceberg.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back