What's new

12000 nickels and 7500 dimes = 5 war , 4 Buffs and 2 Silver dimes

treeslayer

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2010
Messages
588
Reaction score
61
Golden Thread
0
Searched 3 bags of nickels,3 boxes of dimes in about 2 hours. Not the best results, but better than skunks! Also found 100 pre 1960 nickels and a small piece of silver chain. Iam saveing pre 1960 nickels bot i think its a waste of time, but you never know.
 
Upvote 0
Hey Tree slayer,

I am going to put 5 rolls of pre 1960 nickles on Craigs list for $20 an see how they do. I will keep you up to date.

Gordon
 
Interested in your results on CL. I have not done nickels for a while but searched many boxes last month and gave up on the pre-1960s. I still kept all 40s and 38, 39s. I kept seeing posts about people always keeping the pre 60s so I thought I would to, but after looking at 100s of ebay closings on these lots, it seemed like I was tying up alot of money for something that had no premium. Maybe in distant future, but for now, only the war nickels were worth keeping. (I know a couple key dates in there have a small premium)
 
I believe 3 boxes of dimes is $750...unless you get massive $2500 boxes. That would be fun way to ruin your back with a 125lbs of dimes :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom