What's new

13 Canadian silver 5 cent pieces

tamrock

Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2013
Messages
16,407
Reaction score
34,878
Golden Thread
0
Location
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped by an indoor flea market today a saw this coin bracelet with a crappy gold wash. It looked brass and I was thinking it might be made up of some worthless European or Asian coins, but on close inspection I see they're Canadian and then I Googled the first date I looked at and found they consist of 0.925 silver alloy. It was 2 bucks and there are 13 coins total. Cost me $2.17 with tax. Not a big score, but something. This is what I have in old Canadian silver 5 cent pieces.
1902 x 1
1903 x 1
1907 x 1
1908 x 1
1909 x 1
1910 x 1
1911 x 1
1916 x 1
1918 x 3
1919 x 1
1920 x 1
 

Attachments

  • 20220228_153602.webp
    20220228_153602.webp
    116.6 KB · Views: 136
  • 20220228_153423.webp
    20220228_153423.webp
    149 KB · Views: 112
Very nice.. If you are interested in selling it, let me know.. I live in B.C., Canada.. so it has more of an interest to me than many other items

Micheal
 
Very nice.. If you are interested in selling it, let me know.. I live in B.C., Canada.. so it has more of an interest to me than many other items

Micheal
Well let me think about it. I just put it in a pile of silver jewelry I've been collecting.
 
I've never even seen one of those denominations. I think people overlook handmade items or designs that are less than eye appealing. But they can be good deals like this one.
 
And, of course, there were numerous Roman mints that minted the same coin with slight variations. Without a mint mark, the challenge to adequately ID those coins is then increased.
Don...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom