regnartoken

Greenie
May 14, 2014
Roseburg,Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD,Minelab Excaliber,Whites QXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A while back I found a silver name tag dated 1884.Thanks to separating my shoulder in a cycling accident I have had some time to spend on the computer researching through Ancestory.com. I was able to find living relatives of this pioneer of the west.Tomorrow it will be sent off completing one hell of a journey.This makes me happier than finding it! P.S. he was born in Kentucky,the tag was made in Nebraska when he was married and was found in California close to the American River.

IMG_0084.JPGIMG_0080.JPGIMG_0081.JPGIMG_0086.JPG

Last edited:
very cool... what is the reason/story of the name tag? ... if you know

So cool!! What a great person you are for doing the leg work and returning it to the family!

very cool... what is the reason/story of the name tag? ... if you know

I think it was just so hard to stay alive back then that some of the pioneers wanted to make sure if they died along the way someone would be able to ID them.Just a theory.

I think it was just so hard to stay alive back then that some of the pioneers wanted to make sure if they died along the way someone would be able to ID them.Just a theory.

makes sense, probably no "in case of emergency" contact info in his wallet.

Nice return! It looks like it was worn for many years.

Nice return! It looks like it was worn for many years.
Thank you..I am in contact with the family so I will try to find out how long it took him to get to California from Nebraska and post with update (she says she will take a photo receiving it).

Very cool. Where in Nebraska? If it's close... I can do more research and help fill in local blanks for family.

Got it married in 1884, central city, ne..... cool
Will hit local archive next time am in town

Way to go!! I love to see people getting back what is rightfully theirs. I try to return everything that is remotely possible. GOOD JOB!!!!:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back