🥇 BANNER 14K diamond engagement ring from the river!

niffler

Mar 19, 2008
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got up early this morning and drove to a local river that is extremely popular with tubers. I got on my wet suit, gloves, water boots, and mask and snorkel. The water was cold and the current was insane...kept ripping my mask off my face, but I kept at it, moving upstream by grabbing rocks and fighting the current. I fanned the sediment out of some potholes along the way to my destination, a waterfall about 100 yards upstream from where I started. I found a few things in the potholes, like a glass smoking pipe, a few bottle caps, a couple pairs of sunglasses, and 1 penny. Then as I put my mask back on my face for what seemed like the millionth time (after the current pulled it off), and stuck my head back Resized_20190807_141834(1).jpg Resized_20190807_141828.jpg under water, I saw this ring just sitting on the bottom as pretty as can be. I grabbed it and stuck it inside my wet suit...I thought it was a junk fashion bling ring, it was way too shiny and big stone. By the time I got to the waterfall I was worn out and the finger tips of my gloves were worn through, so I just floated back downstream to my starting point. When I got to my car and got my gear off I realized the ring was kind of heavy, and marked 14K inside, and A. JAFFE. When I got home I tested the gold, 14K rose gold. Then I tested the stones, Genuine diamonds! 1 carat pear shaped center stone, 22 stones on the band that are 5 points each, and 6 tiny 3 point diamonds around the prongs. I'll probably never find another ring as nice as this one, but I'll be back in that river as soon as I get the chance...I have a feeling there's a lot of good stuff yet to be found. HH

Upvote 2

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Wow, stunner! I gotta get in the river! Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice, that’s a beautiful ring!! I wonder if it was thrown in there or she just lost it. Get it appraised and let us know

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's purdy....and valuable !! Nice score, congrats !!

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Very nice find! You worked hard and it paid off.. congrats! Would love to hear the value of that ring if you get an appraisal. Now get back in the river!

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice one.

Attachments

• Ring bling.gif
    Ring bling.gif
    23.5 KB · Views: 4,190

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice pear shape. At least a carat from the pics. Color and clarity is everything. Have it looked at oooorrrrr...... you can send it to me. Ill take care of it :)

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Now that is a beautiful Diamond ring! And the stone looks clear!! 1c is worth some bucks too!! Wow!!

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful ring...Good eye. Congrats.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mikeinOC1

Jul 3, 2006
Orange County CA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Minelab Excalibur, Fisher CZ21
That is one of the nicest main stones seen here in a long time. What was the name of that local river again ? :icon_thumright: Bet there are some more goodies in there. Good luck in finding more gems... I am also curious about appraised value.

OP
OP
niffler

niffler

Mar 19, 2008
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you everyone for the encouraging comments! I have an appointment next week to have it looked at, and I will post the results. Still kind of shocked I found it just sitting there in the rocks.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done. You earned it. Any update on the value?

Chub

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful ring find...drooling on my keyboard! :notworthy:

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can say is "WOOOOW" If that is a real A. JAFFE with a center stone over a carat it probable retails for between $10,000-$20,000 all day long. A. JAFFE does offer a type of synthetic diamond which has a retail much lower but either way you hit the jackpot there. My BANNER vote is in either way. Congrats.....

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful ring find, niffler! I hope the river wasn't too cold. For you who don't know some our Northwest rivers can still be very cold, even in August!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread