What's new

14kt White Gold With Diamonds (appraised)

OutBack Duo

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2005
Messages
925
Reaction score
38
Golden Thread
0
Location
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If this was some cheap ring I would probably keep it. About an hour ago my wife and I were at WalMart picking up a few things. Her back was bothering her so she went up to the front to sit on the bench while I checked out (lines were long) I don't know what caught my eye but about 2 inches underneath the edge of the check out stand I see the band of a ring. It looked very small so I assumed it was a kids ring. I said what the heck a ring is a ring so after I finished checking out I bent over and picked it up. My eyes are not very good and the light was bad so I had to wait until we got home before we looked at it very closely. Boy were we surprised when we read 14K on the inside of the band. It is a size 4 14k white gold diamond ring. It has 3 fair size diamonds in the center and then small diamonds all the way around it.

I wouldn't feel right keepins such an expensive ring so I will take it back to walmart and leave my name and number. I will make sure if someone calls me they will have to describe it. (and none of you guys on here better call me).
 

Attachments

  • golddiamond 008.webp
    golddiamond 008.webp
    45.7 KB · Views: 930
  • golddiamond 010.webp
    golddiamond 010.webp
    21.7 KB · Views: 907
  • golddiamond 011.webp
    golddiamond 011.webp
    21.2 KB · Views: 908
Upvote 0
Re: 14kt White Gold With Diamonds

Good Eye OBD....Hope you find the owner,might be some gas money in it for ya'....Thank's for the post and HH!!
 
Re: 14kt White Gold With Diamonds

Outback, you and your wife are good people. Make certain that you don't give the ring to Walmart......just your name and number.
You might also consider posting a "Found" ad in the local paper.
 
Re: 14kt White Gold With Diamonds

Good eyes on spotting the ring. I think I would have told Walmart I found a ring, and if anyone lost one to contact me with the info. I don't trust Walmart enough to let them handle it.
 
Re: 14kt White Gold With Diamonds

I gave walmart my name and number. They wanted me to bring it in and put it in their lost and found and I just laughed at them. I told them the owner would have to describe it and it will also have to fit them. The manager at walmart wasn't too happy. LOL
 
Re: 14kt White Gold With Diamonds

Fantastic eyeball find! It's a beauty...some poor hysterical woman is probably boohooing about it right now. You're doing the right thing by not giving it the the store manager and just leaving your phone #. Good luck & keep us posted.

;) RR
 
Re: 14kt White Gold With Diamonds

I know this ring had to have been lost the same day I found it. I hope the woman who lost it doesn't just give up on it. If I don't here anything by Friday I am going to take it to have it appraised, there are a total of 17 diamonds in it.
 
Re: 14kt White Gold With Diamonds

Excellent ring.
 
Re: 14kt White Gold With Diamonds

its been 24 hours and still no calls. I guess it is probably safe to hold it for 30 days and then feel safe about selling it, what do you all think?
 
Re: 14kt White Gold With Diamonds

Well you did the right thing..if you don't get any takers in 30 days..I'd say you have yourself a nice find..go for it !!! Glad to see you didn't surrender it to Walmart, that would have probably gone right into someones pocket or purse !!! WTG !!!


HH to all
 
went and got it appraised today. $1000.00 Not too bad for an eyeball find.
 
Either way it turns out, great find. Returning it to the rightful owner will definitely make you feel good and give you tons of good karma or getting to keep the expensive ring will be cool too. Congrats on doing the right thing and calling them up. Good luck!

Smiles!
BDoo
 
28 Day's and you're as good as Gold.....Good luck!!!!
 
Re: 14kt White Gold With Diamonds

OutBack Duo said:
I gave walmart my name and number. They wanted me to bring it in and put it in their lost and found and I just laughed at them. I told them the owner would have to describe it and it will also have to fit them. The manager at walmart wasn't too happy. LOL

Smart move....and the manager probably wasn;t happy becuase he more than likely was figuring how much he get for it in a pawn shop... ;D
Whoever lost it, I am sure will be thrilled to get it back and good for you for wanting to return it....what goes around comes around....WTG!!!
 
thats pretty funny the manager wanted to hold the ring yeah lol

glad to hear you are holding it other wise i feel he would have takeing it home .
 
Maybe it is just me but I am sensing a change in how some finds are now treated by members of Treasure Net. It seems that there are more and more people thinking about the person who lost the find rather than themselves. They seem to realize that there is a benefit/reward to returning something valuable and recently lost that exceeds the benefit/reward of keeping it. In my mind, this is a very good thing for the hobby.

I applaud all of you that are thinking this way. I hope this spreads and becomes something that we actually look forward to and enjoy just as much as the finding.

Daryl
 
I found a big gold nugget bracelet one time when I worked at a hotel .I turned it in and the thing was never seen again.I am pretty sure that some one walked home with it . You did the right thing by leaving your name and number because the ring would probably disappear.Very nice .
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom