15 Silver ~ 63 Wheats ~ 2 Silver Rings ~ My First Musket Ball

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hello My Friends!!

This past week I've detected 3 different parks and really gave the turf a good silver/wheatie pillaging. :whip2: Most of my silver coins came from my good old "silver park", which I now have recovered 210 silver coins from in the past 14 months. The silver park is awesome, but you've got to be willing to dig a lot of deep clad to get the silver...there's no way around it. :BangHead: One day there last week, I found my first musket ball, which is my first one I've ever found from an LA park. Yesterday, I found the girl scout ring underneath an old oak tree. She cleaned up real nice. I also found the aluminum token medal, which has a flag in the middle of the star, and says "Heres Ten Inches For You K....". I can't make out the last word due to corrosion, but the token was bent in half like a taco shell at 11" in the ground. My most memorable day came early this week at an old park I've never detected before. One of my hunting buddies said the park has been worked over by many detectorists over the years, including himself, and is real stingy on giving up the silver coinage. I was anxious to give a different park a go, just to break the monotony of my local parks. After about 45 minutes, I had only 1 wheat to show for my time, and it looked like the park really did get a thorough pillaging many times over. About 15 minutes later, as I was swinging my coil near the end of turf at the front of the park, I started to find wheaties at around 6-8". One after an other, sometimes 2-3 in one hole. :occasion18: I couldn't believe it...It wasn't more than 15-20 seconds after digging one wheat that I would find another. The area was only about 30' x 25' in size. After digging 18 wheaties, I finally found a silver Rosie, then a '42 Washington, then a sterling ring. After about 45 minutes, I had found 30 wheats, and 3 silver in this small area. I just scratched my head :icon_scratch: and couldn't figure out how an area like this got overlooked. I finished off the day there with a Merc, and headed home. Before I did, I moved to a couple different areas of the park, and came up empty. So in retrospect, never give up on a park even though you've detected areas and came up empty, until you can say you've detected every square inch of it or else you could miss one of these "hot pockets". And then once you've covered every square inch, go over it again and again. You'd be surprised what you have missed! ::)

Thanks for Looking!
Keep The Passion High! :thumbsup:

CAPTN SE
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_3382_sm.jpg
    IMG_3382_sm.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 1,011
  • rings_031009.jpg
    rings_031009.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 999
  • IMG_3388_sm.jpg
    IMG_3388_sm.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 989
  • IMG_3387_sm.jpg
    IMG_3387_sm.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 1,000
Upvote 0

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Dan Nice finds .I :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: like the rings.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dan,
You post the BEST looking silver big guy! :icon_king: Way to go on all that silver & your first musket ball. That has to be a pretty rare find I would think.
I won't even get started about your "10 inch" token. :tongue3: ;D
Congrats Buddy,
MM

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Dan,

Conratulations on your first musketball! :thumbsup:

The other stuff ain't bad either! ;D

t-bucket

Bronze Member
Oct 7, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
e-track- Explorer SE explorer 2 -
Very nice finds Dan, Man that is a lot of holes to dig !!!! Congrats on the silver coins and the rings and the Wheats.The musket ball is cool Too :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

zztop357

Jun 9, 2007
Is the men's ring w/ the eagle holding the olive branch and arrows a Georgia state ring?
HH zztop

coltdavis

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2008
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds Dan as always :thumbsup: :thumbsup: keep it up !

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
WOOHOO DAN!!! VERY NICE FINDS!!! That's a lot of silver man! I especially like the Girl Scout ring ~ very cool!

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Nice job..love that silver!!!!!
Any I.D. on that token yet?

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
zztop357 said:
Is the men's ring w/ the eagle holding the olive branch and arrows a Georgia state ring?
HH zztop

ZZtop, it's a Girls Scout ring.

HH,

CAPTN SE
Dan

Butler

Feb 19, 2009
Northern Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac; X-1 Probe; Brain!
An excellent week for sure. Good to know that even you have to dig clad to get the good stuff! It's amazing how much silver you find! Of course the only thing better would be me rescuing that many silver coins from their dirt nap (210 from one park!!). I guess I haven't found MY silver park yet!

I was wondering if you will be making more videos? I don't know about anyone else but I never get tired of hearing that high tone and watching you dig out silver coins!

Thanks for sharing man! :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions