16 Degrees and Snowing = Plate Weather!!

RockyDig

May 9, 2005
Winchester, VA
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, GPX4500, AT Pro, F75 LTD, DFX, MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It was soooo cold Saturday morning that I couldn't feel my fingers. Once the bullets started coming out of the ground I didn't even notice the weather. Dropped bullets were all over the back of the field. I kept asking myself where the brass was and a couple of Henry cartridges answered that question. A few feet from a Henry shell I got another signal. It didn't blow my ears off so popped out an 8'' plug and the signal was still in the hole. I used the garrett pinpointer figuring it was yet another bullet. It went off like crazy at the bottom. I pushed the predator hand shovel down at little faster than I should have and it hit something solid. I thought, please don't let that be a plate. I moved it back a few inches and pushed pass whatever it was. I slowly pried up and saw the oval shape with green patina. I'm sure I yelled something but I'm not sure what it was. I reached in and pulled a beautiful US Buckle that was down about 12-13 inches. It is a little rolled at the bottom thanks to a plow maybe but I'll take it!!!!

Thanks for looking!!

Attachments

• buckle_front.JPG
    buckle_front.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 1,018
  • buckle_side.JPG
    buckle_side.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 1,015
  • buckle_back.JPG
    buckle_back.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 1,010
  • carve.JPG
    carve.JPG
    10.7 KB · Views: 1,023
  • relics.JPG
    relics.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,010
Upvote 0

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a great looking buckle you have there! Congrats on a fantastic find!

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Would you let me barrow that for a bit as that would be the only way I am ever going to get a chance to dig one of those. Very very nice still intact.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread