What's new

16 Keepers and 7 Clad, Great Hunt with my Brother-in-Law

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2014
Messages
12,099
Reaction score
18,282
Golden Thread
1
Location
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Brother-in-law came to town last night so we could dirt fish today and then go to the Brown's game tomorrow. :headbang: Instead of taking him to the permission I have hunted for the past 2 days, I stopped at a house that was built in 1850. We chatted with the owner and were given permission. :thumbsup: It is a great site, more keepers than clad. My 1st to targets were the 1905 IHP and then the 1903 Canadian LC. :hello2:

I dug the following Keepers:

1866 Queen Victoria Half Penny
1903 Canadian LC
1883 IHP
1905 IHP
1917-S Merc
1940 quarter
186? token

9 wheats 1919, 26, 29, 34, 35, 37, 41, 53, & 58D

Keeper Coins

20151031_173907.webp

All DIgs

20151031_173745.webp

As always, hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: today.
 
Upvote 60
Nice going on the Vickie Half Penny and the Edward LC never get tired of digging the big old coppers. Congrats on adding a couple more silvers to the totals.:occasion14:
 
Nice digs LD, Way to score!!! I need to work on getting permission... :icon_thumleft:
 
Good job LD. Looks like your BIL had a good host.
 
My Brother-in-law came to town last night so we could dirt fish today and then go to the Brown's game tomorrow. :headbang: Instead of taking him to the permission I have hunted for the past 2 days, I stopped at a house that was built in 1850. We chatted with the owner and were given permission. :thumbsup: It is a great site, more keepers than clad. My 1st to targets were the 1905 IHP and then the 1903 Canadian LC. :hello2:

I dug the following Keepers:

1866 Queen Victoria Half Penny
1903 Canadian LC
1883 IHP
1905 IHP
1917-S Merc
1940 quarter
186? token

9 wheats 1919, 26, 29, 34, 35, 37, 41, 53, & 58D

Keeper Coins

View attachment 1229817

All DIgs

View attachment 1229818

As always, hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: today.
I hope your Browns score as much as you and your brother in law did today...Brad
 
thats a nice haul you made. I have to get out to see what I can find. Got permission for a couple of places but it been to dry. CGot some rain yesterday and today so it's a go for tomorrow.
 
Nice job LD! It's fun to share the hobby with others. Looks like y'all had a great day.
 
Very nice hunt, more so sharing time with your family! Congratulations.
 
Congrats on another great hunt. I got my first Canadien LC this year, nice coin.
 
Nice bunch of keepers
 
Great finds! Love the assortment- Congrats!!

-- Jeff --
 
Now that's an awesome hunt, congrats Loco..
 
Another nice permission, wtg on the finds. never found or even seen a HP yet but looking forward to the thrill. HH
 
Nice hunt. Congrats on the coppers and silvers. :thumbsup:
 
The site is virgin territory. The ground was covered with leaves, twigs, branches, and nut. You had to swing the detector to sweep the debris away and then re-sweep the coil over the same area so it would not false on the twigs and nuts. Got a real workout on the right arm. My brother-in-law dug his first IHP, he was so excited. His 3rd plug had a gold ring in it (so we thought). It was a heart stopper, but turned out to be gold plated. It was a great hunt with my hunting partner. We only get to hunt 2 to 3 times a year since he lives 150 miles away. I love a site that has more keepers than clad.
 
Very quality day in every way
 
good job there !!!
 
Wow...another Ohio boy scores it big...again!!...congrats loco...and yes..I need to polish my door knocking skills, I live in a very old town with lots of history...mmmmaybe I need to pack some heat like you do ! Great stuff, great hunt, thx for sharing...ddf
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom