What's new

1600-1720 Spectacle Buckle with Trefoil

pax_in_ma

Full Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2014
Messages
101
Reaction score
265
Golden Thread
1
Location
Bedford, MA
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro;
BH Tracker IV ;
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dug in an eastern Massachusetts colonial field. A week before that I got dateless Draped Bust Largie in the same field. Very little details out of the ground and attempt at cleaning it made it slug. :-( You can see on the picture to the right of the coin the tipical Draped Bust wreath. Little brushing took all the details away. :-(

20151001_231411.webp

Draped_Bust_Largie.webp
 
Upvote 12
Awesome dig! When I magnified the pic, I can still see some good detail.. I'd put a little mineral oil on it.
 
Yup, the coin is toast, but...I agree with Loco-Digger; try some oil on it. It will bring out some details.

aj
 
Killer buckle. Love how crude it is.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom