1620 Coin : it is called "the billion"

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi guys

Did a little hunt today and found a tiny little coin from 1620.

Didn't had time to clean it yet, but it's a pleasure for the eyes.

468955billion1.jpg

Just did a quick cleaning to be able to ID the the coin

390789billion1verso.jpg

The coin was found near a river on an actual Vineyard. The place is know since -1200BC to be a place to camp for pilgrimage. We found a lot of potteries, coins from all ages witnesses of man activities and exchanges.

679051billion2.jpg

Enjoy! and thanks for watching

FM

Last edited:
Upvote 14
It is not a place with offers or deposits, it is a place used to camp only... the goodies are not in the same area LoL.

I share 100% of your precision :notworthy:

Realise that they were just camping, I was just saying what they gathered for when they got there. I think it was like a big party or festival where remote family groups could meet up for the ritual but also a chance to find a mate.:thumbsup:

Yes you are right, we found a lot a coins, potteries, artifacts, statues.. from various European regions over there which is always surprising. Always a pleasure crusader to meet you on TNET :thumbsup:

Have we seen the reverse of this coin yet?
Don......

Didn't had time to clean it correctly, only did a quick little one to ID

390789billion1verso.jpg

Last edited:
Great save !!
From the coinage of Marie De Bourbon-Montpensier (Duchess) who died at the age of 21; in 1627.
First one I've seen on TNet !!
Don....

Thanks!

You're the historyman of TNET!

Thanks; BTW, the coin was minted at Trevoux; today, a suburb of Lyon in eastern France.
Don.......

This place is almost 400 miles from where it has been found

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back