What's new

1739 KG II Halfpence Found At a hunted-Out" Site

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2012
Messages
2,229
Reaction score
2,152
Golden Thread
0
Location
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
1739 KG II Halfpence Found At a 'hunted-Out" Site

I went for a brief hunt at a favorite site not expecting to find much of anything since I have considered the site pretty-much hunted-out.
It just goes to show that if you stop hunting a site because of that, you do so at your own peril.

This coin was about 5" down, under a big rock that was under a few roots. It took some effort to dig it out, and I'm glad I didn't hit it with my
shovel and digger. I was amazed at the amount of detail that was visible right out of the ground!


Iy you have a favorite site-don't give up on it!:icon_thumleft:
 

Attachments

  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    46.3 KB · Views: 110
  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    49.6 KB · Views: 97
Upvote 34
I hit the fields that have given me my KGII's as often as the crops will let me lol. I can go an hour between targets and still enjoy walking them. Your coin has some very nice detail. Congrats!
 
Very nice kg:icon_thumleft: Your right, ive been hitting the same colonial spot [40 acre field] for 3 yrs now and still find buttons and coins--amazing--the ground just keeps churning stuff up
 
Nice coin There is no such thing as a HUNTED OUT SITE
 
Your hard work and perseverance paid off- beautiful copper!! Congrats!

-- Jeff --
 
Nice copper! I still hit old spots at random and find the occasional keepers. But with keepers like that. I would definitely keep them as spots for the days you have no where else to go.
 
That's s really nice looking old copper. You don't often find em with that detail. Out of the many I've found I have one that's incredible and that's it. Great job bud
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom