1776 Half Reale

bookfisher

Bronze Member
Jun 18, 2005
Long Island, New York
It's been a long time since I've been on T-Net, so I figured I'd post this 1/2 reale I dug up today to show I'm still alive and still detecting. Found the reale at an old spot of mine where I found a holed US capped bust dime 9 1/2 years ago.

Note: The actual date of the reale is 1773, as pointed out by Pistareen. Thanks!

Here's a link to the capped bust dime post from January 3, 2006, I found in the same place as the 1/2 reale today:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/15221-1814-holed-capped-bust-dime.html#post132495

Attachments

• reale.jpg
    reale.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 153
  • reale2.jpg
    reale2.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Upvote 22
Very nice coin recovery, congratulations!

Great recovery

Nice, great find! Congrats!

Someone must have been tugging pretty hard to pull through that hole :laughing7:. Very nice and interesting find!

For the record, my 1 reale was only 5 inches down, almost any machine would've found it lol:tongue3:
George helped me by taking me to that awesome site and yes I'd live to repay the favor someday

Lol. Yep, I'm just busting your chops. George is a generous pal to is all. One thinks for certain, you need a cob to complete your spanish silvers and I need a pistereen. Lol

Another great woods save,great to see out again.How's the shop

going?

Still there after 23 years; though at this point it's sort of a storage unit office. My business partner is a bona fide hoarder. We lock the door when we're there, and only open the door to people we know or they look like serious collectors. It's not worth somebody wasting a half hour hour and moan when I give them a price. The business model does not rely on retail walk in. We put stuff on eBay, and in major auction houses.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back