What's new

1789 coin?

baldy804

Jr. Member
Joined
May 6, 2010
Messages
94
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
hello i was wondering if you guys could help me out i found this near an old homestead but its in really good shape it says 1789 the department of the treasury on one side and united states mint denver colorado on the other its the size of a fifty cent peice easy and just as heavy help with what i have and a value would be great thanks in advance.and keep diggin there gold in them there hills lol
 

Attachments

  • 1789 coin pic 1.webp
    1789 coin pic 1.webp
    29.8 KB · Views: 1,955
  • 1789 coin pic 2.webp
    1789 coin pic 2.webp
    29.1 KB · Views: 1,343
  • 1789 coin pic 3.webp
    1789 coin pic 3.webp
    35.4 KB · Views: 1,401
If I remember right, it is a mint medallion. I don't think it rare, I believe it is a momento from a tour of the mint? Someone will nail it for you, I'm sure.

John
 
Upvote 0
blurr said:
If I remember right, it is a mint medallion. I don't think it rare, I believe it is a momento from a tour of the mint? Someone will nail it for you, I'm sure.

John

Yeppers, John is right. It's a brass medal token that could be purchased as a souvenir when visiting the Denver mint. ( Other mints had them too.) These token machines were located in the lobby, and I'm thinking the date is probably no earlier than the 1970's. Neat find, Breezie
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom