What's new

1800s British silver, IH, some relics

Mr. Digger

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2014
Messages
726
Reaction score
2,003
Golden Thread
1
Location
MASATHVSETS
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, SE pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1800's British silver, IH, some relics

Haven't posted in quite while. Until this weekend I had been out 4 or 5 times and had only managed one lone wheatie to show for it! Finally got my first silver coin yesterday, but not one I would have ever expected. It was covered in dirt and I didn't rub it, but a bit of that shield showing through on the back had me convinced I had my second Spanish silver! It turned out to be an 1890 British Queen Victoria Shilling. Got an Indian Head right after that, so hopefully my 2015 coin slump is over. That buckle was in two pieces unfortunately.
 

Attachments

  • Shilling front.webp
    Shilling front.webp
    759.4 KB · Views: 167
  • Shilling back.webp
    Shilling back.webp
    843 KB · Views: 153
  • April 1884 IH.webp
    April 1884 IH.webp
    698.9 KB · Views: 159
  • April buttons front.webp
    April buttons front.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 170
  • April buttons back.webp
    April buttons back.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 169
  • April relics.webp
    April relics.webp
    445.1 KB · Views: 160
  • Buckle pin 1.webp
    Buckle pin 1.webp
    722.3 KB · Views: 135
  • Puckle pin 2.webp
    Puckle pin 2.webp
    485.5 KB · Views: 146
Upvote 20
Great coins, and that buckle is fantastic
 
Nice digs. that's a very cool buckle.
 
I think that Victoria shilling is a very special find over here ! (but I am freaky for Victoria silvers )
 
the round knob with the small hole in the bottom is from a National cash register from the late 20s to late 50s.
 
very nice finds, very cool buckle, WTG
 
Nice assortment of finds, like the hair pin and buckle are those ox knobs.vanzutphen
 
the round knob with the small hole in the bottom is from a National cash register from the late 20s to late 50s.

Interesting theory. I've been told it is a horse hame....looking at the picture of similar ones I'm pretty sure that is right but who knows.
 
great schilling!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom