What's new

1800s chinise coin, 1 ringers?

vanoldschool

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2005
Messages
720
Reaction score
217
Golden Thread
0
Location
Port Orchard, Wa
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Whites DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello I found these at a log cabin site, I believe 1800s, I know the coin is Chinese but what else , exact year, value?? why in a log cabin site, what about the bullets, 1 ringers?? thanks for any info
 

Attachments

  • ATT00300.webp
    ATT00300.webp
    10.1 KB · Views: 272
  • ATT00300.webp
    ATT00300.webp
    10.1 KB · Views: 264
I am not real sure about the bullets,what is the size of them.The only thing that I
can tell you is that they look to have been fired by the rifling marks on the side of them.
But they are neat looking,I like them.

fortbball9
 
Upvote 0
And the coin will be much older than that.

Face value: a couple of bucks.

Chinese coins really have no relevance (historically/date wise). It'll probably date from the 18th century, (or 200+ years old).

The Chinese treated these coins as, "talismans", "good luck pieces" or the ultimate 'I.O.U.', passed down from their ancestors.

The value of the coin lies in its' provenance, or the rarity of its' original locale.

This is unfortunate, because of 'counterfeiting' in recent years (mostly unintentional).
 
Upvote 0
As far as the age of the coin, I believe the age was determined by size. These are actually quite common believe it or not an I'm told the value dosen't usualy exceed 10 cents.
 
Upvote 0
there called chinese "cash coins" properly - most of are little value --some coins of certian "types" are considered very "lucky" and were "copied" heavily as "good luck" charms --- if theres 4 items per side it is very modern -- if 4 on one side but 2 on the other a bit older --with marks only on one side is oldest -- photos a bit fuzzy so hard to say for sure -- however it might be a 1875 to 1908 era coin but hard to tell from the photo cuz its too fuzzy
 
Upvote 0
ivan salis said:
there called chinese "cash coins" properly - most of are little value --some coins of certian "types" are considered very "lucky" and were "copied" heavily as "good luck" charms --- if theres 4 items per side it is very modern -- if 4 on one side but 2 on the other a bit older --with marks only on one side is oldest -- photos a bit fuzzy so hard to say for sure -- however it might be a 1875 to 1908 era coin but hard to tell from the photo cuz its too fuzzy

Here's the link: http://www.calgarycoin.com/reference/china/china8.htm
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom