Noah_D
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Dec 14, 2017
- Messages
- 1,597
- Reaction score
- 3,492
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
- Detector(s) used
- Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
The stuff in this photo is a mix of stuff found over the past week at an early-mid 1800s home and tavern from about the same time period that are both now an apple orchard. The thing I am wondering about is the curved piece of iron below the axes. It's very thin and seems like it may have been decorative but I really have no idea. Also, it was found at the tavern, not the homesite.
Thanks in advance for any thoughts or guesses at its purpose!
Thanks in advance for any thoughts or guesses at its purpose!



Agree w/ Dave about posting a larger picture of the curved piece. Also when you look at it from the side is it flat or curved?



I don't hunt as often as some people do so, but this was about 12 hours of hunting this week. My pp was at Garrett for repairs and I finally got it back yesterday around noon. If I had had my pp I don't doubt I could have found a ton more at this site!






