Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I got out after work today - life has not allowed me the time lately which has been so lame....

I was going to go home for chores but OutdoorAdv texted me that he was going sifting. Even though he lives far away, he still lit a fire under my *** to go for a hunt.

5 minutes in I get a very tiny chirp surrounded with iron grunts. I'm talking so quiet that if I had been inhaling or exhaling I would have missed it. I took a 6" deep plug out and rescanned. 12-45...I was thinking "money baby!". Took out another 3-4" and there she was, my 6th draped bust of the year. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463099981.409655.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463100173.905362.jpg
I continued looking for chirps and didn't get much else, but I found a really cool nail!

Before ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463100027.581529.jpg
After ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463100047.691309.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463100058.481248.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463100067.601059.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463100077.640697.jpg

It important for every detectorist and relic hunter's mental health to get out, even if it means falling behind or an angry woman at home.

Get out there!

Good Diggin'

Steve

Upvote 27

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Well played as usual Scrappy!

Three really nice coins, the DB is old, the IHC is really smooth and that dime is good for a drink at Wawa!

I hope that you are able to find a little more time to get out and hunt. Best of luck to you brother.

joeyo

Jan 22, 2015
minneapolis
Detector(s) used
E-trac baby!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are my hero scrappy. I'd love to find any large cent

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Nicely done! You never know what those little chirps will turn in to. Congrats and HH.
Many of my great finds have been chirps. Thx for looking
Sweet hunt,, congrats on all 3 coins,
especially the Rosie Recycle, lol
Haha, thx.
Nice Coppers. I would love to dig a draped bust copper.
You'll find one soon. Good luck man
nice finds man! I long to find some of the kind of finds you have found. its the little squeals on the deus I listen for those maybe money !
Thx for looking
Your level of consistency is just so cool to see. Glad you found the time to protect your mental health! I really believe digging, whether a garden or for treasure, really does cleanse the modern woes.
My consistency seems like such because I post only when I find something. Granted I haven't been out much but I get skunked semi-regularly;)

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Great finds. How'd you get that Indian head penny to clean up so well? Any tips? Thanks.
I scraped it off with a thumbnail. I saw the flaking and took a chance. Most never clean up that easy.
I swear you swing some sort of magic coin magnet Steve. :notworthy: You sure had to work for that LC. Depending on how many targets were in the area, I may have passed on the whisper. 1801 is 11 years earlier than my oldest find.

Hope the wife understood.
It's a crapshoot sometimes when there are lots of targets. I think about my idea of hell, and it would be to be shown all the finds I missed.
Nice finds steve, I agree about needing to get out, yesterday's adventure set me back a bit on my additon project but it was a mind clearer for me, I needed the relaxation
As a dad and the man of the house, you need "me" time regularly. Cheers
Pretty decent DB Steve. Readable date and the profile is clear. They are always a thrill to see in the dirt.
Thx Steve. The profile is excellent. Last week I dug another draped bust cent and all you could see was libertys chin!! Lol
Congrats scrappy. That's a lot of draped busts. Most of the LCs i find are matrons, which of course usually has to do with the site age, but also due to my dumb luck I'm sure. :laughing7: I love finding the matrons but a draped is always a nice surprise.

It's a numbers game. I too dig many more matrons than draped. Keep at it and good luck

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Draped bust, Indian, and silver. That's a good hunt my friend!
Thx J.
Awesome hunt man. Your ability to consistently pull coins like that DBLC is what motivates me to get out. However, I've been in a coin slump for months now, but the relics are flying out of the dirt. I no joke... ran out of the house and hopped in my truck today. As you know, I've had it with these last 2 weeks of rain... I was getting out today even if it meant not detecting and just sitting in the middle of a field and swatting at bugs. Too wet to sift, but I did swing and your spot on about diggin holes for mental health. Great hunt dude!
You hunt yesterday was killer. It was fun shooting texts back and forth..."well I found this" followed by "well I just found this!" Lol
Great hunt and Sweet Draped bust!!
I've been in that same boat for too long, the need to dig. Maybe later today.
You came back with a bang this season DS - I can't wait to see what you find!
Well played as usual Scrappy!

Three really nice coins, the DB is old, the IHC is really smooth and that dime is good for a drink at Wawa!

I hope that you are able to find a little more time to get out and hunt. Best of luck to you brother.

Tom, thx. That day I took off to hunt with you Carolina boys was my last one until fall probably, so I'm stuck with after work hunts for a while.

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You hunt yesterday was killer. It was fun shooting texts back and forth..."well I found this" followed by "well I just found this!" Lol.

Thanks buddy! Still no post from me.... The iron is out of electrolysis, the epoxy is cured and the brass is ready. Just need a couple hours to photograph and post... It'll be tomorrow evening for sure. Getting up in a few hours to sift... Stand by!

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent digs. !! Congrats and Hh

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
LOVE IT_________do the drapes match the carpet? :--)
If I were a guessing man, I would venture to guess YES, they match! Thx for looking
Thanks buddy! Still no post from me.... The iron is out of electrolysis, the epoxy is cured and the brass is ready. Just need a couple hours to photograph and post... It'll be tomorrow evening for sure. Getting up in a few hours to sift... Stand by!
I'm looking forward to it, the inside information I've seen points toward another killer hunt.
Excellent digs. !! Congrats and Hh
Thanks DD.

I like my hunts like I like my women...short and sweet with a few goodies to play with;)

mack0238

May 10, 2015
Rochester, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve, absolutely amazing coin. 215 years old!!!! Sh*******!

Btw, I am the king of "leaving an angry woman at home" as you say, while I detect... Seems to always be a time of much needed solace. LOL

CHEERS

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Steve, absolutely amazing coin. 215 years old!!!! Sh*******!

Btw, I am the king of "leaving an angry woman at home" as you say, while I detect... Seems to always be a time of much needed solace. LOL

CHEERS

Lol. It was most excellent to dig it. Thanks for looking. Check out my new post...299 year old British coin;)

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a very nice find indeed. Congratulations are in order

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the drap bust! And I'm totally with you on the mental health thing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread