• DSC_3994.jpg
    DSC_3994.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 237
Upvote 9
Thats a really nice coin. Congratulations

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Nice find. My one and only half cent is an 1804

Sweet find! The half cents don't turn up too often. Congrats! :thumbsup:

Very nice Draped Bust 1/2 cent! Still hoping to find one--they are not terribly common finds. Congrats!

Sweet find! The half cents don't turn up too often. Congrats! :thumbsup:

Nope, they don't show up too often, probably (what's the word ?) because everyone is looking for the high tone.

Great find congrats. AND that's an early one too.
Some advice, crop your pictures down to just the coin (as T-net down sizes the pics.) and add them, you might just get a banner vote, even from those pics. I can tell it's a nice coin.

That's a rare find in that condition ! American half cents just don't show up here that often - excellent find !!!

Real nice! Would like to see closeups. Hogge

Great copper

Dig until your arm falls off

VERY LOVELY COIN! :wav: For those who want a closer look, just click once on each pic to enlarge it. HAVE FUN! Andi

Nice coin 462! Scarce coin that you don't see those posted here too often. I would love to come across one of those.

Very nice half cent, Congrats I have one and it happens to be an 1804 too. Certainly more where that came from.

I found one of those not too long ago myself. There's a few 1804 varieties, apparently. The one I have is known as a "Stemless Plain 4", which means that the "4" in the date does not have the crosslets on the ends of the 4, it's just plain; and the base of the wreath on the reverse over the 1/200 does not have stems between the ribbon and wreath. Some 1804 HCs have the crosslets with no stems, plain stemless, crosslets with stems, plain with stems. Some very careful dirt removal would be in your best interests, because a decent-condition Stemless Plain 4 can be worth a few hundred bucks.

1804 Draped Bust Half Cent

EDIT: Yours looks like a Crosslet 4 With Stems. I'm no judge of condition, but they're going on eBay for $80-$125 or so in better condition. If you can make out a pronounced die crack protruding from her chin, add about $300 to your value 8-)

Last edited:
Very nice find.. Thanks for sharing and congrats on the success..

Now that's a coin anyone would be proud of! Welcome to TNET, I hope you find a lot more where that came from.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back