What's new

1808 Tavern site gives up Spanish silver

TimmyNY

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2005
Messages
352
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western New York
Today started off a bit cold. with temps in the 20s. after a meeting of the Rochester club, Johnand I decided to hunt a few areas around Southern Wyoming county.

We decided to start at a recently cut corn field that had a hotel on it in the early 1800s. after locating the owner I went to ask permission. It was the closest Ive come to a rejection yet. He has a friend that detects who wanted to come over and hit the field. but he hadn't showed yet so he let us hunt the front half of the field. after about 2 hours we were wondering whether the hotel was there at all. The only thing we found was a memorial cent.

next we went to get permission to hunt a large potato field near by but the owner wasn't home.

it was getting close to 2:30 so we decided to hit one more place . an old tavern site that we've hunted several times before. this site has given up several draped bust large cents and buttons and has been hit pretty hard. after about 2 hours in the freezing wind with very few signals I finally got a decent signal. with the first shovel out pops this little baby. It is my second half real and by far the better shape. Its a good thing John was there to take the pics. maybe next time will be his turn.

Tim
 

Attachments

  • P9060114 Large Web view.webp
    P9060114 Large Web view.webp
    128.6 KB · Views: 3,170
  • P9060116 Large Web view.webp
    P9060116 Large Web view.webp
    57.4 KB · Views: 3,146
  • P9060117 Large Web view.webp
    P9060117 Large Web view.webp
    46.3 KB · Views: 3,134
Upvote 0
great job. love too find one of them
 
Excellent find Tim! That tavern site keeps giving it up.What a great way to end the long cold day.Loved the on site pics.Hope you can stretch your season a little longer before the snow and cold is hear to stay. Best of luck and HH!
 
That's awsome Tim!
 
Dig This said:
Excellent find Tim, hopefully next weekend will be nice and i will go. Detector still down but have Johns. Congrads

Hey Jeff........I'm sorry you couldn't make it out detecting this weekend with all that work. But on the bright side.......the weather next week is looking pretty good , Temp up in the upper 50's ! :) :) :) So for a small rental fee of 25% off one of those 60 inch Z- Riders I will let you use my XLT.....While yours is getting fixed! lololo hahahahah .......Plus here is a pic of the site......You can go there if you would like! lol

P9060113 Large Web view.webp

Tim Sure did find a nice piece of Spanish Silver.......And Only kidding about the rental Fee!!!

talk later The Seeker
 
Great finds the both of you ;) Umm but it looks like it is very cold.... Im sitting here with my shirt off cooking, but that is SA for you ;D

God bless
Peter
 
Geez John....Seems like all that digging would have you pretty sore this morning!
Timmy only had to dig an inch for that great coin! :)
 
love the pics..

Congrats on the great digs..

WOW what a beauty.....
 
Nice old silver Tim. Conrats!
Bundle up and get back out there.
HH
Mark G
 
Whoa that is one awesome find. And not one I would expect to find, thats for sure. I have been hunting in this cold weather and did ok so far. But that is one smokin!! coin. I am glad that you got rewarded for your cold hunt.

Congratulations,

Postalrevnant
 
Timmy, spanish silver is always nice to find and makes a hunt a great day without a doubt!

HH

Don in SJ
 
Very nice find. ;D ;D
 
That is just too good!! Congrats!
 
she's a reale beauty Tim congrats and to seekers pic's that looks to be the top off a medicine bottle congrats again and good luck to the both of you

dylan
 
Double WOW! :o I'm glad he had the camera too! Love to see those pics!!!!

Congrats!!!!! Nana :)
 
Wow, it's been a while since I've had the pleasure of digging a half-real. Thanks for the "action shot", too... it brings back fond memories, and silver dreams.

Stay warm- I hope y'all don't get totally frozen up there in Yankeeland. I can still hunt in short sleeves here but there have been a few cool nights. Haven't gotten our first frost yet. Funny, we've had glorious weather and yet I have not swung the coil for a month. I need to do that.
 
Real nice Reale Tim.

That one held up really well. Probably lost in the 1700's.

HH Jer
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom