What's new

1809 half cent and more

trapperart

Platinum Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2015
Messages
16,165
Reaction score
13,042
Golden Thread
2
Location
Maryland's eastern shore
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
whites MXTPro whites MXSport
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found these buttons and this half cent this morning. It's very unusual for me to get a copper that I can ID right out of the ground. Good luck to all. Art
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20160529_114402.webp
    IMG_20160529_114402.webp
    364.1 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_20160529_115240.webp
    IMG_20160529_115240.webp
    127.7 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_20160529_115200.webp
    IMG_20160529_115200.webp
    250.5 KB · Views: 128
Upvote 42
Good score on the half cent.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
Congrats on the half cent Art. Don't find them very often.
 
That's a sweet find...lots of detail!
 
Nice half cent that's one on my bucket list..
 
congrats on the H.C Art. She is a nice one! I can see it has some bite left to it. should clean up nicely. wtg
 
Dont see these often in the hole, great find. Share some cleaned up pics when you are done ...if you clean it that is.
 
Man trapperart, I bet if you tripped youd land on a keeper coin (surface find). You certainly know where to swing the coil. Congrats on digging a fist full of keepers. :occasion14:
 
Sweet half cent!! Must be a Maryland thing, these 1809 half cents. I found a 1809 two weeks ago. Lol
 
Congrats Art! Is that a capped bust half cent?
 
Great hunt Art! First plug I ever dug was an 1809 Half Cent and that's what got me totally hooked on this hobby. I'd love to dig another of the same year one day. You're killing it man... keep it up.
 
Nice find on that Half Cent Trapperart.
 
Congrats on the copper!
 
I have at least one half cent. However mine were probably halved by a lawnmower. Very nice. You are in a great older area.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom