What's new

1844 large cent .silver roman pin

Tony12100

Full Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2013
Messages
246
Reaction score
857
Golden Thread
2
Location
Southern New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
This morning I returned to the field where I dug the 1800 draped bust dime. Dug a 1844 large cent . Was just a black disk until I did electrolysis to it. Came out really sharp. Also dug a silver pin broken ..With a Roman head on it. It was hot and the Flies were vicious. Also dug 12 flat buttons of various shapes and sizes
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20150531_222051.webp
    ForumRunner_20150531_222051.webp
    164.2 KB · Views: 142
  • ForumRunner_20150531_222110.webp
    ForumRunner_20150531_222110.webp
    105.4 KB · Views: 125
  • ForumRunner_20150531_222127.webp
    ForumRunner_20150531_222127.webp
    86.4 KB · Views: 134
  • ForumRunner_20150531_222144.webp
    ForumRunner_20150531_222144.webp
    82.5 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Upvote 18
Wow. That coin is in great shape! Congrats.
 
Nice finds Tony.....that field is so old Roman stuff is now coming up :laughing7: What state are you in BTW?
 
South Jersey here. I don't think the pin is the Roman era. But I do think it's from the 1800s.
 
Last edited:
TONY TONY YOUR FINDS ARE NOT PHONEY, THE LARGE CENT IS NICE AND THE ROMAN PENDANT OR BUTTON ALSO,VANZUTPHEN
 
That's a cool pin!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom