Chicago Ron
Hero Member
- Joined
- Apr 12, 2005
- Messages
- 608
- Reaction score
- 172
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- In the Lake in Chicago
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab Explorer SE, E-trac, Excaliber II, GPX-5000
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
I just got off the phone with a friend here in chicago. He was very excited because he got 15 keepers from a box. He listed them off "11- 40%, 4 90% ken, a 63 franklyn and a 47. Dramatic pause. An 1847 SEATED HALF the coin is in nice shape except for the hole someone drilled in it.
I'll try to get a pic when I see him on Sunday.
Just thought I'd pass it along. THERE OUT THERE!!!!!
Chicago Ron
I'll try to get a pic when I see him on Sunday.
Just thought I'd pass it along. THERE OUT THERE!!!!!
Chicago Ron
Upvote
0

That find is going on my list of greastest coin roll hunting finds. Here are a few others to make you drool and feel inferior. A customer at work today told me that he found a flying eagle cent back in the 80s. 4 years ago a man found a 1909-s vdb penny in a bag he bought from an old farmers' bank. My uncle found a 1955 double die penny while metal detecting on the beach. He still has it. But a seated half? That's so old! Truly amazing. If that coin could talk...
But I'm sure he is going to be out there in a roll with a lady and a barber. 







