What's new

1850s pocket spill

Lord Verdigris

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2014
Messages
3,936
Reaction score
9,273
Golden Thread
2
Location
East coast Canada
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1850's pocket spill

Did another one of my work time short hunts and stopped where I got the 1769 coin the other day. Went under a old apple tree by a stone wall and got a real good hit. Dig out the 1856 Nova Scotia half penny and then rechecked the hole and got a perfect hit slightly over and was thinking big silver. Instead out popped a 1854 British one penny. At first I was thinking New Brunswick token because they are the same size. I put a modern quarter by it in one of the pictures for a size comparison. Gotta love pulling them giant coins out of the ground! [emoji2]
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1431127193.499040.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1431127214.002454.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1431127237.372589.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1431127254.803624.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1431127275.472088.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1431127293.485058.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1431127333.767437.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1431127355.641305.webp
 
Upvote 28
Tried a few more pictures. I hate my phone camera...
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1431265667.549936.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1431265701.113379.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1431265747.940828.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1431265760.807431.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1431265779.758412.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom