What's new

1853 Farm House Finds

Jamie1993

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2016
Messages
511
Reaction score
1,173
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got to go Mding prior to the rain Saturday morning. I was hoping to hunt a school grounds but there were a few tikes playing soccer, so I decided to hunt a field I've hunted the past five years off and on. The farm dates around 1853. Here aer a fw of my finds including one for the bucket list. Thanks for viewing.
IMG_0106.webpIMG_0107.webp

IMG_0110.webpIMG_0108.webp

IMG_0119.webpIMG_0122.webp

IMG_0111.webpIMG_0112.webp

IMG_0104.webpIMG_0105.webp
 
Upvote 50
bird band, Barber, bullet---now you need a Buff & a buckle, yer a busy boy:laughing7:
 
Thanks, Pepperdawg & Port Ewen Ace. I tried lowering my ground balance on the AT Pro and these were the results.
 
Congrats on the Barber quarter and other nice finds
 
Congrats on the Barber and the other finds.

Those Barbers are hard for me to find.

Well played sir!
 
Thanks, Trapperart & Carolina Tom, The Barbers in our area are few and far in between. My last Barber was 4 years ago and it was a dime.
 
Nice big silver, well done. :thumbsup:
 
Nice finds. You should attempt to clean the bird band, and get in touch with your conservation dept. In our state, if you give them the number on the band, they will send you a certificate fact sheet on when and where the bird was banded, how old it was etc. Some are even reward bands where they will send you a check for $25.00 just so they can get the info they need on where the band was found. Of course if it turns out to be a pigeon band from a private owner, this does not apply.
 
I have yet to find my 1st silver..... I feel it coming soon
 
Thank you all for the likes.
Trezurehunter The band has some damage and I don't know if I'll be able to get all the numbers from it.
Asrussell96 keep up the faith, it took me awhile to find my first silver. It was right in my front yard. A 1944 GW, 4" down, it only showed up a a quarter on the Coinmaster I was using. The Barber showed up as an 85-89 on the VDI, it was 10" down and sitting on a 45 degree angle in the side wall of my plug. The Lord had a little help with me not damaging it.
 
Really great finds. Congrats on the barber. I'm still waiting for my first.
 
WHOA OH , OH JAMIES , HYSTERICAL OVER THEM FINDS . NICE ....
 
Nice old silver Barber! :treasurechest::icon_thumright:
 
Thanks all for the compliments on the Barber. It was one of those finds that you might just see an old man try to do a back flip.
 
Great stuff! Fine coin. Congrats. -Lisa & John
 
Nice Barber and other finds! Looks like a promising site.
 
Congratualtions on the finds! :occasion14:
 
Thank you all for the likes and compliments. Hope to be back there tomorrow morning bright and early.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom