What's new

1863 Springfield lock plate cleaned using ACV & Evaporust

mangum

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2012
Messages
2,323
Reaction score
3,533
Golden Thread
0
Location
Charlotte, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it came out good, what do you think? I've been using the ACV/Evaporust method for a while (plenty of info out there). I'd like to set up electrolysis but have been lazy! This does a good job & keeps the rust away. I also grease it after I bake it on the oven to seal it.
 

Attachments

  • image-348089279.webp
    image-348089279.webp
    23 KB · Views: 144
  • image-1149425403.webp
    image-1149425403.webp
    20.3 KB · Views: 142
  • image-621703859.webp
    image-621703859.webp
    21.5 KB · Views: 148
  • image-2807634955.webp
    image-2807634955.webp
    35.4 KB · Views: 153
looks great Mangum, I prefer electrolysis on iron artifacts but there are several methods like ACV that work fine for most folks...just not fast enough for me. Truth is , doing nothing with relics like yours should not be an option. As searchers of historical relics, we really become the steward for these pieces and we do well to preserve them the best we can....just like you have done here. Hats off to you sir. vn
 
looks great Mangum, I prefer electrolysis on iron artifacts but there are several methods like ACV that work fine for most folks...just not fast enough for me. Truth is , doing nothing with relics like yours should not be an option. As searchers of historical relics, we really become the steward for these pieces and we do well to preserve them the best we can....just like you have done here. Hats off to you sir. vn
Thank you sir. You have to act fast (relatively) with iron. I feel a sense of accomplishment when I save a piece of history.
 
That's a nice result buddy
 
Well Done...
I also hate to see 'Dug' Iron Relics Rusting away after being recovered.
'That said I need to Fire Up the electrolysis Setup'
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom