🌞💥 1865 Coin, NOW Cleaned religious pendant 💥☀️

Jorgeke

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2021
Friends told me that this religious pendant should be from early 1900 or late 1800 due to the part/ link which is the part for hanging is perpendicular to the pendant, I’m no expert to confirm that statement, what your opinion is about this?

Any advice for clean it up?

This property was built and owed by the richest man of the state who lived from 1829 to 1923, he used to said “ I’m not from Chihuahua, Chihuahua is mine” . This hacienda was named Quinta Carolina, honored his wife name.
It is located about 30 minutes driving from downtown to the north in Chihuahua city.

I will upload a photo as soon as clean it up. If any idea on how to do it, is welcomed

7D33DFCA-78D3-4DA3-9DFD-7EDAC939D9BB.jpeg

IMG_6893.jpeg
IMG_6893.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6826.jpeg
    IMG_6826.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 121
  • IMG_6825.jpeg
    IMG_6825.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_6818.jpeg
    IMG_6818.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_6835.jpeg
    IMG_6835.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_6837.jpeg
    IMG_6837.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Upvote 26

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VERY NICE FIND Buddy :)

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice work
Congratulations

OP
OP
Jorgeke

Jorgeke

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2021
Friends told me that this religious pendant should be from early 1900 or late 1800 due to the part/ link which is the part for hanging is perpendicular to the pendant, I’m no expert to confirm that statement, what your opinion is about this?

This property was built and owed by the richest man of the state who lived from 1829 to 1923, he used to said “ I’m not from Chihuahua, Chihuahua is mine” . This hacienda was named Quinta Carolina, honored his wife name.
It is located about 30 minutes driving from downtown to the north in Chihuahua city.

I will upload a photo as soon as clean it up. If any idea on how to do it, is welcomed

View attachment 2139606
😎👍🏽

OP
OP
Jorgeke

Jorgeke

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2021
Jorgeke,
I looking forward to seeing those silver coins once they get out of that 'bath'.
Don in SoCal
Hi Don,

Thank for your comment.

Are not silver, however it is a nice old coin.

Do you know which Mexican old coin is the most valuable ?

Regards

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds, congrats!

I believe your friend is right about the age of the pendant. I found two of those near the old Contention Mission site on the San Pedro River when I was very young. Still have them, surface finds.

I recommend electrolysis to clean items that are crusty. I don't know if it's available there, but "Barkeepers Friend" scouring powder works well also.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Jorgeke,
Some time ago I thought the 8 escudos presentation piece in gold (1725) Luis I --was the most valuable coin at $50k. The second most valuable coin at that time was the 8 escudos presentative piece in gold (1728D) Felipe V--that was valued at $45,000.
But more recently, the value of rare Mexican coins has skyrocketed.
Don in SoCal

OP
OP
Jorgeke

Jorgeke

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2021
Jorgeke,
Some time ago I thought the 8 escudos presentation piece in gold (1725) Luis I --was the most valuable coin at $50k. The second most valuable coin at that time was the 8 escudos presentative piece in gold (1728D) Felipe V--that was valued at $45,000.
But more recently, the value of rare Mexican coins has skyrocketed.
Don in SoCal
Don, thanks

It is amaizing.

I heard that peso bolita and muera Huerta coins also are well paid

😎 those gave more possibilities to find them 😊

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Jorgeke ,
Yes, the best examples of the coins you mentioned can go for nearly $10k--due to their historical importance: Pancho Villa, President Huerta and the Revolution.
Keep swinging, you may soon find both coins.
Don in SoCal.

OP
OP
Jorgeke

Jorgeke

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2021

View attachment 2139606
Hi all

Thanks for comments

@don,

Thank for the information ñ, as always.

OP
OP
Jorgeke

Jorgeke

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2021
Very nice finds, congrats!

I believe your friend is right about the age of the pendant. I found two of those near the old Contention Mission site on the San Pedro River when I was very young. Still have them, surface finds.

I recommend electrolysis to clean items that are crusty. I don't know if it's available there, but "Barkeepers Friend" scouring powder works well also.
Thanks Oldmxrat, I’ trying electrolysis, let see how is working 😎

OP
OP
Jorgeke

Jorgeke

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2021

View attachment 2139606
View attachment 2140192
How much time electrolysis is considered normal for clean a coin up?

OP
OP
Jorgeke

Jorgeke

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2021

View attachment 2139606
View attachment 2140192 View attachment 2141021 View attachment 2141021
🧔🏾‍♂️👍🏽

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread