crazyjarhead
Gold Member
- Joined
- Sep 10, 2007
- Messages
- 10,318
- Reaction score
- 45
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- N. San Diego County
- Detector(s) used
- Ace 250
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
1865 Indian head and a wagon from the 1800's
Just got back from a run up into Canada yesterday. While waiting to get loaded at Higgin's rigging Co. of Niagara Falls New York, I found these. The manager said that they actually used to use those back at the turn of the century. Anyway returned to the 1836 house I have been hunting now when I can. I have covered most of the front and have focused my attention to the back. I found this 1865 Indian head tonight at 5 inches. Also found a perfectly good square nail (amazing condition). Same area I found the civil war button last week. A newer wheat penny and some kind of metal?? Headed back Sat. and swing some more. I know that there is a lot more stuff in the ground but I am not good enough yet to know when to dig. Lot's of "iffy signals" I'm sure someone else could go in there and find some good stuff. I just hope the house doesn't sell any time soon.
Just got back from a run up into Canada yesterday. While waiting to get loaded at Higgin's rigging Co. of Niagara Falls New York, I found these. The manager said that they actually used to use those back at the turn of the century. Anyway returned to the 1836 house I have been hunting now when I can. I have covered most of the front and have focused my attention to the back. I found this 1865 Indian head tonight at 5 inches. Also found a perfectly good square nail (amazing condition). Same area I found the civil war button last week. A newer wheat penny and some kind of metal?? Headed back Sat. and swing some more. I know that there is a lot more stuff in the ground but I am not good enough yet to know when to dig. Lot's of "iffy signals" I'm sure someone else could go in there and find some good stuff. I just hope the house doesn't sell any time soon.
Upvote
0
. Is that Indian a Fatty?? Don't know what a fatty is, yet. I'm hoping for a key date Indian from this place
. I still have a lot of ground there. When the beans are out I'm going in the field that surrounds this place (90 acres). There was a house next to this one which was next to the train station. That's where I found the large cent last week. It was next to the old sidewalk which is hardly visible now. I've searched along side of it a little. Grass is too tall and poison ivy galore.







