What's new

1868 IH should I clean this any more?

postalgriff

Silver Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2008
Messages
2,801
Reaction score
1,093
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey everybody, found this a couple of days ago, kind of a pricy coin, and I can tell its in good shape, but wonder if I should just leave it? is soaking in olive oil for a couple of weeks ok? how much is too much on the peroxide bath? thanks for the help, Griff
 

Attachments

  • 1868.webp
    1868.webp
    41.4 KB · Views: 425
  • 1868.webp
    1868.webp
    41.4 KB · Views: 426
wish someone that has worked on theirs would reply, I have a 1882 IH that I would like to clean up as well. came over here to find out more about it.
 
I would leave that one as is,looks as if it has soaked in oil already.Once the oil is apllied the peroxide bath will no longer work.

Nice find though! HBilly
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom