What's new

✅ SOLVED 1870 Silver Trade Dollar C.C.

What does it weigh
 
Upvote 0
Looks as if (from the edge) that the two halves snap together.
 
Upvote 0
Looks like it weighs 20 grams ? It doesn't feel like right weight... Did they counterfeit this year? I got nothing. Anyone find anything would greatly be appreciated!
 
Upvote 0
I just looked at it again under the loop, I can't see where it would snap together, it seems to be one solid cast.
 
Upvote 0
I believe that those trade dollars were minted from 1873 to 1885. The date on yours is suspicious to me...I say not genuine.
 
Upvote 0
Fake beyond a doubt, trade dollars were not made until 1873, no need to look further.
 
Upvote 0
Thank you to all those who responded, Your response time is mind boggling!! I have to hand it back to her Thursday, is there any value to it ?
 
Upvote 0
that's so fake a magnet would probably stick to it
 
Upvote 0
If it is an old fake it is still a rare collectable item. It would be neat to display beside a real trade dollar. Based on that I would say that it has some value.
 
Upvote 0
no real value unless it can be proven to be a 19th Century Counterfeit,
Made to be Spent.

I see no reason to believe there isn't someone out there willing to buy it
just for the kicks . but don't expect anything over a few bucks
 
Upvote 0
Thank you jeff of pa. and to all who participated ! I thank you all for your wisdom and knowledge :occasion14: The T Net game show "What is it" rules!!! Fast and accurate 8-)
 
Upvote 0
Great ID I hate fakes there are many out there
Ive seen many cobs posted and shot down, That is a nice display coin
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom