78.8 KB · Views: 508
  • IH3.jpg
    IH3.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 514
  • IH4.jpg
    IH4.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 501
Upvote 0
Wow That is nice. If it were me I think I would leave it. You know that's a rarer date??? How did you clean it?

Looks great,

Love when they hold up like that. The 70's were made well.

HH Jer

Yea I know its a more rare date....means more to me though because of where it was found...at a lock along the old canal that use to run through my town. I soaked it in linseed oil for awhile and slowly worked the crust off with a stereoscope and toothpick after it had been soaking for a few days. Slowly worked the loose stuff off and after all of the loose stuff came off I used an eye dropper to put peroxide just onto of the crusted stuff that wouldn't flake off and worked it off slowly. Very slow process but I didn't want to ruin the coin at all, especially after I could discern the date.

Thanks for the info. The coin came out really nice. I've have used linseed oil before and while it does take a long time sometimes it does a good job.

Beautiful IH Bush. WTG. HH.

Ed

Thats a beauty! I wouldnt do anymore too it. Congrats! :icon_thumleft:

That IH turned out great good job i would just leave as is . :icon_thumleft: Dd60

Nice looking IH and good job cleaning it up, :icon_thumright:

TommNJ

Holy crap! That coin didn't look like it would come out that nice... did a quick check on value an my 2010 redbook list it at 375-500.00 for a penny not bad!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back