1873 Seated Dime and a 1833 Draped Bust Dime

Fast Ed

Jan 31, 2013
Scotia, ny
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Garrett AT Max, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1873 Seated Dime front.JPG1873 Seated Dime reverse.JPG1833 Draped Bust Dime.JPG1833 Draped Bust Dime reverse.JPG

Found at a great 1800's homestead that was used as a doctors office/home. Found several Indians as well.

Can someone tell me how I can tell where the 1873 was minted? I know Carson City is extremely rare and I suppose the letters CC are probably on those but I'm no expert so please a little help?

The 1833 Draped is in awesome condition so I'm guessing VF from what I can tell. Opinions?

Thanks

Upvote 11
Mint mark should be on the Reverse on the bottom. None appears on yours, from what I can tell. Nice find.

I checked the coin book I have and it stated the mint marks are either within or underneath the wreath, Philadelphia didn't put mint marks on them. Very Nice finds.

I checked the coin book I have and it stated the mint marks are either within or underneath the wreath, Philadelphia didn't put mint marks on them. Very Nice finds.

Thanks guys its probably a Philadelphia as I can't see any mint mark.

Philadelphia ... We didn't put a Philly mintmark on any coin until 1942 with the silver war nickels... So if it doesn't have a mint mark it is Philly...
Gary from Oregon...

nice dimes. And congrats on the 1833 capped bust! Capped bust silver doesn't come around too often.

nice dimes. And congrats on the 1833 capped bust! Capped bust silver doesn't come around too often.

Thanks for the correction, I've been calling it Draped Bust :(

There's a couple of fine dime finds! They don't come along everyday!!

No mint mark on the 1873 from the P mint, but still awesome coin finds love the draped bust...

That capped bust dime is a great find

That's one of the ones we have been looking for (Capped Bust) Abe wants that almost as much as I do. I really want both those series, still have not found my seated yet either. Great finds, I'm happy for you and very jealous!

That was a very good day in the dirt.

They do look to be in great condition, just hard to see, being quite small in a big picture. Could you crop the pic down to just the coin and post up a couple more ? They will be much bigger, and easier to see.

WOW ! those are great looking dimes, I hope to find those someday. Congratulations !! Enjoy

That was a very good day in the dirt.

They do look to be in great condition, just hard to see, being quite small in a big picture. Could you crop the pic down to just the coin and post up a couple more ? They will be much bigger, and easier to see.

I'll try cropping but Im not as handy with a computer as I am (apparently) with my AT Pro :)

That's one of the ones we have been looking for (Capped Bust) Abe wants that almost as much as I do. I really want both those series, still have not found my seated yet either. Great finds, I'm happy for you and very jealous!

Thanks and I understand how you feel. Those two were on my bucket list as well. Still need my first big silver. Don't know why but I dream about Morgans he he

I'll try cropping but Im not as handy with a computer as I am (apparently) with my AT Pro :)

Well I certainly wish that I was as good with my ATP as you are with yours! Great finds, brother! :occasion14:

1833 Draped Bust Dime.JPG.jpg ooops not any better will try again later

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back