What's new

1876 CC Seated Liberty dime

Evolution

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2007
Messages
5,285
Reaction score
2,483
Golden Thread
0
Location
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this dime yesterday at a colonial site I'm hunting. It's a farm field so I'm finding things at all different kinds of depths. This coin was on the surface with a thin layer of mud on it. :o After I picked it up and poured some of my water on it I put it back and took a couple pics of the position I found it in.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0845.webp
    IMG_0845.webp
    90.7 KB · Views: 669
  • IMG_0846.webp
    IMG_0846.webp
    62.3 KB · Views: 685
  • IMG_0864.webp
    IMG_0864.webp
    36.7 KB · Views: 667
  • IMG_0865.webp
    IMG_0865.webp
    41.5 KB · Views: 677
  • IMG_0845.webp
    IMG_0845.webp
    90.7 KB · Views: 675
  • IMG_0846.webp
    IMG_0846.webp
    62.3 KB · Views: 669
  • IMG_0864.webp
    IMG_0864.webp
    36.7 KB · Views: 680
  • IMG_0865.webp
    IMG_0865.webp
    41.5 KB · Views: 675
Upvote 0
a real beauty there !! :) :) i got the same coin , but worn about flat..
 
I love ploughed fields. Sometimes I pick roman coins off the top without the detector :)

Nice coin, now go & get the rest ;D
 
CRUSADER said:
I love ploughed fields. Sometimes I pick roman coins off the top without the detector :)

Nice coin, now go & get the rest ;D
This is the first plowed field I've had the privilege to detect. I cant believe the depths of some of the things I've been finding. I wish i had as many of these fields as you seem to have. I'll let you know if i find any Romans ;D Lol.
 
Evolution said:
CRUSADER said:
I love ploughed fields. Sometimes I pick roman coins off the top without the detector :)

Nice coin, now go & get the rest ;D
This is the first plowed field I've had the privilege to detect. I cant believe the depths of some of the things I've been finding. I wish i had as many of these fields as you seem to have. I'll let you know if i find any Romans ;D Lol.

I'm just greedy, me & an army & the rest of my lifetime couldn't finish the fields I have permission to do. But I'll die trying. :)
 
CRUSADER said:
Evolution said:
CRUSADER said:
I love ploughed fields. Sometimes I pick roman coins off the top without the detector :)

Nice coin, now go & get the rest ;D
This is the first plowed field I've had the privilege to detect. I cant believe the depths of some of the things I've been finding. I wish i had as many of these fields as you seem to have. I'll let you know if i find any Romans ;D Lol.

I'm just greedy, me & an army & the rest of my lifetime couldn't finish the fields I have permission to do. But I'll die trying. :)
I'm just going to keep living vicariously through you then Bud. Hopefully I can line up a few more sites soon. I'm a little spoiled with the digging I've had to do lately....or lack thereof. ;D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom