What's new

Four buttons and a Seated dime

rhedden

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2003
Messages
393
Reaction score
845
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eastern NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore & Nokta Makro Simplex
Yesterday was mostly dedicated to a fruitless trip to some antiques malls in New England. I completely blanked at the antiques places, but I packed the detector so I could hit a spot or two on the way home. It was already 6 PM when I stopped by the location where I found the British War of 1812 button back in June. I unearthed four additional buttons this time, the last one being a surprise Tombac. The sun was already setting, so I decided to swing along the edge of the field on the way back to the car.

How many times have I heard detecting stories about finding something cool on the way back to the car? Many times! As I passed a large rock in a stone wall that looked like a good place to sit down, I got sat down indeed, with an 1888 Seated dime about 3 inches deep! Swinging on the way back to my car has netted a Connecticut copper, an 1801 large cent, and this Seated dime in the past two years, so I won't be packing up before the walk any more!

XlIRtnSl.jpg


GrRsafql.jpg
 

Attachments

  • finds Jul31.webp
    finds Jul31.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
Upvote 24
Yesterday was mostly dedicated to a fruitless trip to some antiques malls in New England. I completely blanked at the antiques places, but I packed the detector so I could hit a spot or two on the way home. It was already 6 PM when I stopped by the location where I found the British War of 1812 button back in June. I unearthed four additional buttons this time, the last one being a surprise Tombac. The sun was already setting, so I decided to swing along the edge of the field on the way back to the car.

How many times have I heard detecting stories about finding something cool on the way back to the car? Many times! As I passed a large rock in a stone wall that looked like a good place to sit down, I got sat down indeed, with an 1888 Seated dime about 3 inches deep! Swinging on the way back to my car has netted a Connecticut copper, an 1801 large cent, and this Seated dime in the past two years, so I won't be packing up before the walk any more!

XlIRtnSl.jpg


GrRsafql.jpg
Great findings—congratulations!
 
Congrats on the Seated Dime ! :icon_thumleft:

Yes, I've had that happen to me several times - hunts over - then dig the best find of the day on the way back to the car.
Never turn your Detector off till you get back to your vehicle.
And always try to keep your Detecting gear with you at all times - you just never know what you'll see driving around.
 
Yesterday was mostly dedicated to a fruitless trip to some antiques malls in New England. I completely blanked at the antiques places, but I packed the detector so I could hit a spot or two on the way home. It was already 6 PM when I stopped by the location where I found the British War of 1812 button back in June. I unearthed four additional buttons this time, the last one being a surprise Tombac. The sun was already setting, so I decided to swing along the edge of the field on the way back to the car.

How many times have I heard detecting stories about finding something cool on the way back to the car? Many times! As I passed a large rock in a stone wall that looked like a good place to sit down, I got sat down indeed, with an 1888 Seated dime about 3 inches deep! Swinging on the way back to my car has netted a Connecticut copper, an 1801 large cent, and this Seated dime in the past two years, so I won't be packing up before the walk any more!

XlIRtnSl.jpg


GrRsafql.jpg
Yup...all the good stuff is always "on the way back to the car"....Big congrats on your seated dime!
 
Well done on the kkd silver and buttons
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom