What's new

1893 Indian Head

deershed

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2013
Messages
3,307
Reaction score
4,103
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Messed around in a neighbors yard for a little today. Wasn't getting much until I came across a hit I passed up digging on an earlier hunt here.
A couple weeks ago a flipped a plug and my target was directly below a huge root so I passed it up. Too hot and the ground was hard as rock. Today I decided to dig it out, 1893 IH and in great shape. A quick rinse under water and she looks good.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    164.4 KB · Views: 162
Upvote 24
Congrats on the IH. Pays to dig some of those iffy signals.
 
great_find.gif
Nice find! Thanks for sharing...
 
Nice Indian Cent! I believe in digging the iffy signals, you dig a lot of extra trash, but it's the only way to really be sure.
 
That's a great find!
 
I can't say it was a iffy hit, a good solid 82 on the Pro. When I first got this hit a couple weeks ago I flipped a plug and the ground was hard as a rock and it was directly below a huge root. As it was when I dug it yesterday it took me 10 minutes to get it out from under the root. Wasn't as hot and muggy yesterday. Lol
 
Good job going back. It's in very good condition!
 
Thats worth every second of a 10 minute recovery. I spent about an hour digging down about 2.5 feet with a hand trowel the otherday to find the front end of a car, was hoping for that elusive jar of coins...maybe its in the backseat of the car, but im not digging another 7 feet to find out lmao
 
That is one crisp looking IH! Congrats
 
good job going after that one, sometimes the more difficult ones are more enjoyable
 
They are sweet, love them Indians!
 
Nice Indian Cent! I believe in digging the iffy signals, you dig a lot of extra trash, but it's the only way to really be sure.

Plus if you dig every signal you don't toss and turn that night wondering in your subconscious: "I wonder if that was something good I passed up??"

Deershed--really nice looking IH! They seem to be a coin that suffers greatly in the ground and rarely comes out good-looking. But yours is a winner!
 
I see deeshed you found yourself a nice Indian head ,vanzutphen
 
Very nice IHC! Congrats on the score.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom