What's new

1897 Indian & Other Relics From A Short Hot Hunt

mangum

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2012
Messages
2,323
Reaction score
3,533
Golden Thread
0
Location
Charlotte, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out for a little while this weekend, not as much as I wanted though. The heat kicked my butt! I found a few cool things including an 1897 Indian Head, 44 wheat, Amusement Only token, a late 1700s flat button made in London, an arrowhead, Native American pottery & a small brass children's ring (could've been my grandmas!) I also found a 3 Merry Widows condom tin, someone was doing something dirty in the field in the 20s lol. The hinged item is a handle from an antique tape measure (just got an ID)
 

Attachments

  • image-1945349380.webp
    image-1945349380.webp
    36.9 KB · Views: 124
  • image-631549559.webp
    image-631549559.webp
    40.4 KB · Views: 116
  • image-3212192548.webp
    image-3212192548.webp
    29.1 KB · Views: 121
  • image-1646113753.webp
    image-1646113753.webp
    26.2 KB · Views: 127
  • image-724211791.webp
    image-724211791.webp
    55.8 KB · Views: 121
  • image-3033560193.webp
    image-3033560193.webp
    20.1 KB · Views: 115
  • image-1392795005.webp
    image-1392795005.webp
    57 KB · Views: 123
  • image-1304605370.webp
    image-1304605370.webp
    40.9 KB · Views: 108
  • image-2758148923.webp
    image-2758148923.webp
    32.8 KB · Views: 121
  • image-1845911159.webp
    image-1845911159.webp
    34.4 KB · Views: 116
  • image-2204871007.webp
    image-2204871007.webp
    34.5 KB · Views: 113
Upvote 26
Those Merry Widow cases make me chuckle, every time I find one.
 
MAGNUM THATS A NEAT RING AND BUTTON FIND.
 
nice group of finds. congrats
 
Nice group of stuff, love those IH's.
 
Very nice collection of finds!
 
Nice assortment finds Josh. I know what you mean about the heat, hopefully, it will cool down in a few weeks. Best of luck to you!
 
Those are cool finds, I love those tokens, some of my favorite finds are tokens that I have found. I guess just because they are so different?
 
Those are cool finds, I love those tokens, some of my favorite finds are tokens that I have found. I guess just because they are so different?
Thanks. I've found a lot of these holed tokens at this site, small ones like this & ones the size of a quarter. There's a home there & a store sat out front a long time ago. I assume they were used in some sort of slot machine?
 
Really cool stuff! Congratz!
 
Nice IH super green color! Nice finds! Congrats on getting out in this heat!
 
Nice assortment finds Josh. I know what you mean about the heat, hopefully, it will cool down in a few weeks. Best of luck to you!
Indian Heads are always Sweet finds in my book ! Just TOO Hot and Dry for me , Its so dry over my way the Catfish are wearing flea collars.
 
Great finds Josh! We will do better this weekend!
 
Cool OLD ring!:thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom