What's new

1898 Barber Dime (first) and 183??? Large Cent.

RedCardHack

Full Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2012
Messages
227
Reaction score
248
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today Ohio White Guy and I had a chance to do some detecting at the old mansion, my first repeatable signal was a 93 on the deus and at about 7-8" out popped the large cent, any guess on the date? I thought I could see 1836 when angled the right way. Then as we were wrapping it up I got a solid 91 and in the plug at about 3" was this 1898 Barber Dime, my first. Thanks for looking, HH, RCH
View attachment 1311304View attachment 1311305View attachment 1311307View attachment 1311308
 
Upvote 6
Sometimes those copper dates don't work out, but they're all sweethearts. Narrowing it down to the 1830's is good. Try and post a pic of the obv, and let us have a peek at that. Perhaps we can narrow the date a bit more

Edit: if you found out it's an 1827 great. Congrats

The back is pretty toasty.

FullSizeRender(2).webp
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom